Wiring diagram for hybrid

Hi!

I got my scooter from the paintshop and the assemble started today, but I need som help…

The scooter is a Sprint Veloce wich I have generously given a brand new 200 engine in a crate from Piaggio, my problem now is to find the right WIRING DIAGRAMME for this combination.

Can someone please tell me if there exist such diagramme somewhere on the net, or if I can use a completed harness from something similar!?

Some hints will be highly appreciated!

Bovverboy, I may have the correct ‚custom‘ diagram for you:

Need a few more details though: Are you planning to run a battery, is it electric start?

If the answer to both is ‚No‘ then I have the exact diagram (Mine is a T5 (pretty highly tuned…but that does not matter for this) fitted to a GT frame. So it’s all ‚AC‘ (no battery/DC). This is the simplest and most trouble free wiring you can have.

BTW. Rather than make my own loom from the old wires or whatever, I got one from made up by Beedspeed. Excellent quality, in 12volt guage wire, ‚made to measure‘ and all for about 19 quid …why not.

Let me know if the diagram I got with/for it will help you, and your email so I can send it over…

Vespandy

Original von Bovverboy: My project does not include battery nor eletric start, so I guess I can use your diagramme! Lucky me..

If you could e-mail me the diagramme you make my world a whole lot easyer. My e-mail is :

[email protected]

Anyway, the Beedspeed loom sounds like a good deal, do you think they have such things in stock, or is weeks of waiting a part of the deal?

Bovverboy: It’s on yer email…did you ge it? It’s quite a big file (500k) so you can read all the detail. + stuff about the (good) Beedspeed service.

Hi. It’s not for a sprint but have a look at this anyway:

http://www.scooterhelp.com/electrics/pages/VSE1T.to.PX200.eles.hybrid.html

Have fun!

My project does not include battery nor eletric start, so I guess I can use your diagramme! Lucky me…

If you could e-mail me the diagramme you make my world a whole lot easyer. My e-mail is :

[email protected]

Anyway, the Beedspeed loom sounds like a good deal, do you think they have such things in stock, or is weeks of waiting a part of the deal?

I recieved your diagramme. It looks like a quick job to put the loom together. No more worries! [:D]

Thanks for putting the greasy thing in your scanner! Someone else will probably ask for this kind of thing at a later occation so I’ll keep the computer file aswell… Maybe www.scooterhelp.com could use this one?

Original von hally: vespandy, i've got an old Sprint frame and am waitin on T5 mk1 engine to be delivered. I was advised not to bother with new loom, use the old one, modify it and chuck in a Ducati regulator, sort out the horn and rear brake wiring etc.... Obviously the fresh 12v loom would be best, but can you forsee any difficulties doin it my way, apart from possible brittle wiring. There's no battery btw. I guess it's a case of time and money and i'm runnin out of both......

cheers, Hally

Nah Hally - should be pretty easy - just follow the diagrams closely if you have two lefy hands like me.
The regulator mounts easily in the left panel, just a small hole for the wires required.
It’s just easier to put the new loom with the frame in bits (particularly if you are painting/putting an autolube tank in)
It really depends how good your original wiring is…at 30 years + old that stuff snaps as easily as dry spaghetti (which I think it is made from)…I was painting mine up too so thought it worthwhile so as not to have to pull it all to bits later…the looms are a bit of a *** nette Frau *** to fit.

L8r

Vespandy

vespandy, i’ve got an old Sprint frame and am waitin on T5 mk1 engine to be delivered. I was advised not to bother with new loom, use the old one, modify it and chuck in a Ducati regulator, sort out the horn and rear brake wiring etc…
Obviously the fresh 12v loom would be best, but can you forsee any difficulties doin it my way, apart from possible brittle wiring. There’s no battery btw.
I guess it’s a case of time and money and i’m runnin out of both…

cheers, Hally

Hi
I’m attempting the same sort of thing by putting a newer engine (T5 or P2) in my GL
so I’d really appreciate a copy of the diagram, if thats ok

Cheers, Tom

[email protected]