Wide Tire for a little 125 Primavera

Hi scooterists at SIP!
I`m interested in making a wide tire conversion to my 125 Primavera, is it possible?
What parts Do I have to send you? This conversion means I have to modify the engine or I can ride until I tune it up later?
I hope you can answer my questions [:)]
Thanks in advance,

Marc Cercos
Barcelona (SPAIN)
[email protected]

Happy new year!!
I have more questions for you, scootermaniacs, first of all, Is the wide tire conversion an inconvenient for normal riding? I mean stability is compromised?
Also, vespapocalipse, I see youre from BCN, may we could share opinions & cnowledge in vespa rebuilding; well Im a rookie but I`m learning fast [:)]
May you could write to me a few words at [email protected].
Thank you all and take care!

Marcus [:bounce:]

Marcus i have a simonini down and forward in my malossi engine with direct intake and PHBL 25 BS carburator and i mount a SL26 tire size 90-90-10, with no problem. The simonini exhaust is a power pack with a good sound. My performance of my ET3 is about 135-140 Km/h with a 29/68 primary gear!
If you want mount a bigger tire , you must modify your ahock absorber ( preferred use bitubo )and pay attention at the clutch cover, you must add a piece of pipe on the exhaust manifold to separate the exhaust by the tire.
Excuse me for my english, but i`m italian and 16 years old
[:D] [:D] [:D]

Original von Marcus: Happy new year!! I have more questions for you, scootermaniacs, first of all, Is the wide tire conversion an inconvenient for normal riding? I mean stability is compromised? Also, vespapocalipse, I see you`re from BCN, may we could share opinions & cnowledge in vespa rebuilding; well I`m a rookie but I`m learning fast [:)] May you could write to me a few words at [email protected] Thank you all and take care!

Marcus [:bounce:]

The wide tyre kit no compromises the stabilty, because mounting a rear wide tyre, the stability increases, there are more contact superfice between tyre and road.

Of course marc we can share opinions, my email is [email protected]

see you[:D]

Original von Alex_SIP: yes. you will need a wide tire kit. best would we the 130`70-10 kit. you have to modify the engine, but this is no problem. fitting construction is included. the main problem is: to less space with the exhaust -> you will have to cut and weld the exhaust you have to change the position of the rear shockabsorber.

we did it several times here in the shop. it is possible and it looks great.

rgds, Alex

Alex
SIP Scootershop

This conversion need to overhaull the engine?? My FL have a Polini banana exhaust, any problem with it??

Can you tell me wich is the correct Ref. in SIP Shop of the conversion Kit? (remember my vespa is a Vespa 125 FL, smallframe)

Many Thx

Hi!
In the wide tire conversion I see you have to modify the shock position. Does it mean that when I get the modification done I won`t be able to replace the rear shock? If I make the conversion with the stock shock, will I be able to change it for a bitubo or something?
Thanks a lot [:D]

Marcus
BCN

Hi
on page 35 of your catalog theres the "Pack Man" V50 from Daniel Grimme, I can not see if its got the wide tire, may it has. If so, could you upload a larger picture of it?
Many thanks! [:D]

Marcus

Hello???
Anyone there???

Marcus [:drink:]

Thank you all for your help [:look:] !
Id like to mount a Simonini down and under but I dont know what it sounds like, Is it very (I mean extremely) noisy? Can it be rebuilt in the wide tire conversion?
Thanks a lot

Marcus
BCN

Hi everyone!![:)]
In the wide tire conversion procedure I see you have to modify the shape of the exhaust and the shock position. Do this modifications alter the sound of the exhaust? I mean, will it be more noisy than it usually is?
Also will it be enough space for the exhaust, the tire and the shock, knowing that I have the luggage compartment on the left back side of the primavera?
Many thanks again
[:D]

Marcus

If I understand well you have to modify the exhaust because of the lack of space on the left side (even if the vespa has the luggage compartment on the left back side), and the upper position of the shock (I guess at the bottom it`s no possible), on the right side, must be fitted a little more on the right.
Did I explain clearly? I think so, hehe [:D]
Many thanks!

Marcus [:drink:]

you will have to take the conversion kit for the px200. no. depends on type of kit. you will have problems with the exhaust, because the space between exhaust and tire is very small. you will have to weld it.
merry x-mas.
alex

you are always able to change to rear shock. I prefer also the Bitubo as a rear shock. the best you can get.

[:dance1:]

I interested too, but in PK125FL (XL2), it`s possible??

thx

From Barcelona

Hi vespaitaly,
Sorry for my late answer. I also have a Simonini down & forward and a polini 130. I still haven’t fit the wide tyre but I’m still interested on it. Do you have any picture of how it looks?
Also do you know if I can keep my front brake drum in a PK fork?
ringraziamenti molto [:)]

Marcus

yes. you will need a wide tire kit. best would we the 130`70-10 kit. you have to modify the engine, but this is no problem. fitting construction is included.
the main problem is: to less space with the exhaust → you will have to cut and weld the exhaust
you have to change the position of the rear shockabsorber.

we did it several times here in the shop. it is possible and it looks great.

rgds, Alex

[:itchy:]

Hi Alex,
Can you show us a picture of how it looks a wide tire in a small frame? Do you have any kit mounted on one of your scooters?
Also, there`s no Art. Number of this kit in the catalog, Is it the same for the PX200?
TX very much )

[:bounce:] [:roll:] [:bounce:]
Marcus -BCN-

Original von Alex_SIP:
you will have to take the conversion kit for the px200. no. depends on type of kit. you will have problems with the exhaust, because the space between exhaust and tire is very small. you will have to weld it.
merry x-mas.
alex

Alex
SIP Scootershop

Thx Alex I`ll try to do it.

Merry Xmas and Happy new year

Marcus is in the right way, anyone of Gurus of SIP can upload an image that displays how it looks this conversion in a Smallframe? also upload too the steps to modify the engine, exhaust system and the rear shock absorber.

many Thx[:D]