What year is my T5

i bought a stolen recovered and am trying to find out the age of it. I’ve been on the odd site with a chassis date search but most are for old scoots.
I went on to an american one which said I have a '88 T5! No way. As it’s a T5 Classic so it must be after '94 I would of thought.
Anybody know of any sites to go to would be appriciated.

by the by morgoil did you buy it at an auction or something. if you did then where was the auction and how much did you get it for?

CAN’T HELP WITH THE SCOOT!!
I HAVE A 1992 T5 CLASSIC-MAYBE ONE OF THE FIRST CLASSICS!!!

GOOD LUCK [I)] [I)] [:smokin:] [:smokin:] [:smokin:] [:drink:] [:drink:] [:drink:]

Are you sure that someone hasnt just changed the headset?

Mk1 T5s have a straight slope on the back end not a curved one if you know what i mean.Could of easily changed the headset and fork assembly though.
:shoot1:[:dance3:]

are you from the UK? if you are then phone up the DVLA and explain that you bought it as a stolen recovered and give them the frame number they should be able to get you the year and the reg number and V5.

Thanks for all your help guys. I eventually sent off to Piaggio uk who sent me a dating certificate for £18 and it is a 1996 model.
As for The Brats question I bought it for someone who bought it from someone who bought it from the auctions.
They are a couple of auction place near by me so they are not hard to get but can be expensive for what they are sometimes as some people get carried away at auctions.