What exhaust pipe

Help me please i was about to buy a sip performance pipe in stainless steel but it sounds like every one here thinks they are no good. I have a completely standard px 125 disc and i only want the racer look of this pipe (plus it doesnt rust) would i need to change the jetting of my carb. Please reply quickly i need the pipe soon.[:’(] [:dance2:] [:drink:]

I’ll will try this weekend as I’m quite overbook and don’t have much time for my Vespas during the week

The link is :
http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/printcarbtuning.html

or you could buy this great ebay deal

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=25640&item=7927661471&rd=1

a £100 scootrs pipe for a special offer of only £195!!

bargain…

but seriously - from my limited experience - don’t get a big pipe if you just want to fly around town - you’ll regret it - yeah it looks cool but you’ll be waiting a while everytime you pull off, making a great noise but not going too fast…maybe try a cheap DR kit, scootrs pipe and 24 carb - all for not much more than the SIP pipe…

hello,

just a modification of my previous answer. Today a friend of mine got a SIP performance. We had a look and it is the same that SIP evo but all stailesssteel. The JL you can buy around are also the same. Maybe the JL that you can buy directly from JL I can’t say.

So: SIP performance, SIP Evo, JL left hand are all the same exhaust.

As far as concern your choice: an expansion exhaust will give less power at low - midium loow rpm than standard to gain more than it looses in the medium high high rpm. So don’t expect your PX to pull out better, but it will be faster.

If you like power in the low- medium low you will be disappointed.
Then the only choice you have if you want not to loose the power in the low range is to go for a SITO plus but you won’t have the same power as a real expansion.

The choice is yours, but if I look at the prices of the SIP and JL and RZ exhausts it will be much, much better to buy a Kit and use it with your standard exhaust! You could buy a DR run it well and you will have more power and torque and speed than if you spend that money on a exhaust.

But if is an exhaust that you want YES YOU NEED TO UPJET and sometimes using a different grade spark, it depends on the exhaust.

[:roll:]

What about a sito plus anygood? would i need to change the jets with this[:rolleyes:]

…just the title is in French all comparisons are written in English

hello,

pyperb, the site is the one Mikke gave you.

vicky0, for me if you stay standard I would put SITO plus or Simonini.
SITO plus better drivebility in low - medium rpm Simonini better top end and speed. Both need upjetting, I would say 98 - 100 main jet.
(98 SITO, 100 Simonini)

YES YOU WOULD NEED TO CHANGE THE JETTING AND I’D RECOMMEND YOU ALTER THE TIMING A BIT TO IMPROVE IT. HARD TO SAY WHAT AS EVERY MOTOR IS DIFFERENT BUT START WITH MAIN JET UPTO 114 OR 116 AND RETARD TIMING 1-2 DEGREES (SOME JUST RETARD ALL THE WAY TO THE END OF THE SLOTS).

Hi, I’ve got a PX150 and the exhaust was the first thing I put to go faster, It’s true that the SIP Performance is a pretty good one but with nothing else to tune up, not a big difference, I got more with a polini left side but now with a cylinder kit and carb, god what a rush it’s the one to have!

Hello to you, Curare ;D

and i would say no to a simmo, sito plus or anything around that price range(no offence curare)get a scoot rs pipe, for the same price as a chrome simmo, the looks of a pm ,with lots of performance! i got one a few weeks ago delivered to my door from vietnam for £105. i would highly recomend for a budget expansion chamber

hello VICKY0,

I found something for you have a look at:

vintagescooters.free.fr/tuning/test_pot-px125/

[:D] [:D] [:D]

hello,

I like SIP exhausts they are JL made and they work very well in tuned engines. If you want a SIP with a standard PX better SIP EVO than SIP Performance.
Another good choice is PM and if you don’t want to spend too much get a Simonini.

Hello,

SITo plus will give you about 10% more then standard, no need to have different grade spark, jet put the next reacher one.

hello Mikke I hope you found the site for tuning carb helpful.
Yes to perfectly carb it may take a lot of patience if not experienced.
If your economy allow you can buy a O sensor. K&N is a good one.
I think you can find some explanation if you search in the net.

Curare,

Can you give me link for tuning carb site.

Thanks and Regards,

Brian.

Ok would i need to change the jetting of my carb i dont want heat seizures or a holed piston.[:sleep:]

Would a simmoni or polini pipe be better for my standard bike than a sip pipe and would i still have to change main jet.

hello,

Stubbsy but on how many engines and set up you have tried this exhaust? are you sure it is good for a standard PX125?
You know if not our friend VICKY0 is going to be confused !

I said the SITO or Simonini because of the price and because of the standard engine.
I know that you don’t like these exhausts but other tuner such as the lamented Terry Frankland of Taffspeed raccomended it almost all the time for daily and touring use also with kit for the same use. And I promisse the guy knew enormously!!!

You know with a standard engine you can get what you can get and even a better exhaust yes it will give you more power but low down the rpm you don’t have anything.

I already told you VICKY0 don’t expect miracle from just changing the exhaust.
What you can expect 95% of the time is that after not too long you are going to buy a kit !!! It is the way it goes.
Because if not at the beginning you would not have felt the need to change something.

if you check the scoot rs site!the pipe on e bay is a stainless one, the one i got is none stainless better job ie (heat transfere) and your man on e bay is takein the *** cause the stainless one is 195 dollars i think! is he such a knob that no one will go on to the site to check what price they are new;D but thats ebay all over for ya,people bid stupid money . ie now ,t5 barrel and piston£100 effin quid[?[] whats all that about. for a few quid more u could get a kit! im in bad need of a t5 top end for a mk1 resto project (just to make it rite) but no way on earth would i pay that sort of doe[:D]