What can you tell me about this 5 speed kit?

I had posted this on the SIP comments board but it’s going un-noticed there.

Is this kit a remake of the one that used to be around in the 80s or is it a redesign? The one from the 80s had thin cruciforms that would break & the teeth would strip off the (also thinner)cogs, Is this one for sale here more reliable?

Anyone know?

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/pages/details.php?ID=23622&SID=30ad1166210aeafb03eb33b98b38dfb9

Im itching to try one but im going to wait and see if they break first. The ad in Scootering said tested for 800kms-big deal. If they last a season then im getting one-just think a big hill,the wind behind you and aTS1 in your sights!
The 5th gear ratio looks well tall. I think you might have to run 20/68 primarys maybe?

Haven’t a clue!!! but, they state that you need the old style spindle(the one with out the notches/double circlip, that they put in to stop it jumping!!) so would need a diffrent selectorbox(or do you get one?) so unless they have improved it by putting in the notches/cutaways which they haven’t! it must be the shite ones!!
;D
Or is that a no, SIP!
or am I banned![:D]

In a Malossi longstroke +reed + 33 carb and all the usual work that goes with it, after 3600km a problem happened with the teeth, but i don’t know of which version of this 5 gear conversion my friend was using.
I should investigate a little. If I have some more info I will keep you updated.

I personally like to use the standard 4 gear since it makes the spare parts always and ready available.

C’mon, Someone must know.

They give you a new Selector Box, Gear ratios, Christmas Tree, Kickstart Idle Gear and Cruciform