Want to build very fast px200 need help

hi folks
i just got myself a px150 with a px200 engine fitted ( registerd as 125 )lol.
this is my first scooter since 1986 .
its a 1980 model
the question is TUNING
i want to build a fast road scooter 85-90mph? or more?
what is the best way to acheive this i am thinking of getting another set of p200 pre injection cases to tune so i am not off the road .
so far i have been told mallossi 210 kit (does this incude cylinder head) (is this as big as you can go?)
ported and matched cases
reed valve kit & big carb
cosa clutch
t5 4th gear
do you agree or is there a better way .
thanks for taking the time to read this
back in scootering an luvin it GEORIEMOUSE…

Its a very good start but there’s still more you can do ie. lightened flywheel and race crank to name a couple, you would probably suffer from reliability probs tho the further you tune. The mallosi doesn’t come with a head and its recommended that you get your own standard had re-profiled to suit(taffspeed). i do beleive tho that there’s only so much you can do with the Vespa gearing and probably won’t see 90mph ever. You also need a good tuning pipe to finish the job of which there are loads to choose, all with different pros and cons.
:shoot1:[:dance3:]

You may find that just fitting a malossi 210 and a good expansion pipe may be the best way to go. With the casings done as well it should give approx 17bhp+.This is what I run and providing it hits the power band in 4th[T5], and am prepared to duck down a bit it will give between 75-80mph on the flat and 80-90mph downhill. Into the wind its much harder to get to these speeds.
I also ran it originally without the casings done, it was approx 2-3 seconds slower to 60mph and about 5mph less top end if even that. No great loss and was also much easier to jet.
There are pros and cons to all stages off tuning it all depends on how much money you want to spend and how much hassle you’re willing to take.

Good Luck Mark.

;D Had no problems so far[[:O]]
But i am fitting a 30mil Amal as soon as i get the xtra long throttle cable!
Ive also just put on a Mickeck pipe and performance is even better;D ;D

[:D] Im running a 210 malossi with matched casings, race crank,T5 4th gear and a sito plus pipe. Im easily hitting 80 but thats off the clock so maybe faster[[:O]]
reliability is good

New to this computer stuff, marvellous. Q. PYBERB what does the size of carb affect cooling? Geordiemouse, Ive been running various incarnations of my current Malossi 225. Im running a Malossi cyl. Taffspeed head, 23tooth cosa clutch, T5 4th gear, Full circle 60mm stroke crank, welded casings and a Kawasaki 6 petal reedblock topped of with a 32 vhsa with mikuni powerjet, and fuel pump. Around town the engine pulls well and out on the open road will exceed 90mph. Expensive to make, even though I did most of it myself, but fun. A bit thirsty too. Im not sure how much further one can go, but im currently modifying a Malossi cyl to barrel induction, like they should have done it originally, aka TS1 inlet. Cheers.

OZZY, IM BACK. I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO USE MY COMPUTER FOR BLOODY AGES. TIG SET UPS VARY IN COST BUT BE VERY VERY CAREFUL. IN THE MACHINE MART CATALOGUE FOR EXAMPLE A TIG SET UP IS ADVERTISED AS BEING SUITABLE FOR ALUMINIUM WELDING AT AROUND A GRAND, BUT YOU NEED A/C TO WELD ALI. ASK IT DOES A/C AND D/C. THEY ARE ONLY D/C. DONT BOTHER. MY SET UP WAS BOUGHT SPECIFICALLY TO WELD SCOOT ENGINES AND BARRELS AND THEREFORE NEEDED A WORKING (NOT MAXIMUM) AMPS OF 250AMPS A/C. THIS ALLOWS ME TO MACHINE THE CRANKCASE MOUTH BACK AND WELD ON A 10MM PLATE WITH FULL PENETRATION. COST? MACHINE ONLY, £2300!! ON TOP OF THAT YOU HAVE GAS CHARGES, FILLER RODS ETC. LARGE EXPENSE BUT YOU DO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. IF YOU ARE PAYING LESS THAN £1800-2000, THEN I WOULD BE SURPRISED IF ITLL DO WHAT YOU WANT. VESPADOC, CASING QUALITY ISNT AS BAD AS SOME BUT IT GETS A 1/10. WHATS THE CYLINDER YOU TRYING TO USE? AIR OR H2O? TAKE A LOOK AT THE SPEC OF A 1989 KDX200 AND BE HAPPY. A VESPA PX GEARBOX/ CLUTCH/ CRANK CANT HACK MUCH OVER 20HP A MAINTAIN RELIABILITY, EVEN WITH THE BEST OF EVERYTHING. BE HAPPY, ENJOY.

BEERACE,
how much was your tig set up? I have seen the inverters quite cheap, but how much can I expect to pay for the rest of the bits? gas, gun ect,
what exactly do I need, I know very little about tig, I had ago once years ago, ozzy

BEERACE!!! your 225 sounds seriously bad ass. what exhaust system?? did you tig weld the casings yourself? have you modified the porting much on the barrel for the long stroke? to many questions.

fair play beerace you know yer onions,you cant beat being able to tig for yorself can ya,ali is a bit of a bitch to do when its cheap castings like vespa casings tho dont you find?? currently tryin to squeeeez a 250 trials barrel and piston into the top of a p2 casing but the back wheel gets in the way

personnally id forget the t5 4th and just remove any excess weight i.e bars mirrors side panels legshields etc.my own 210 runs standard p2 4th gear and revs out no probs,slight loss of speed on hills but i am 15 stone of ugly fat so i expect that

Johnnyvespa,

Is your setup a bit risky since you have not changed your carb to a bigger one to allow for cooling??

Regards,

Brian.

Original von BEERACE: but im currently modifying a Malossi cyl to barrel induction, like they should have done it originally, aka TS1 inlet. Cheers.

Now I’m a bit curious.
I’m about to do the exact same with my cylinder
I got a Spanish “motovespa” 150 and it is barrel inducted (Piston ported). Got a Dr Racing 172 cylinder to start with (even thou it is made for the “normal induction”), but it is hopelessly impossible to find any barrel inducted cylinders to my vespa.
The engine casings are exact the same as a Sprint150, with 2 transfers – the difference is the “hole” where the normal carburettor sits, is welded shut and instead there is a full round crank and a barrel inducted cylinder with the cab in tog of the cylinder itself.
What im up to now is that I want to make the DR cylinder fit my engine without modifying the casings to run with the crank to control the gas.
How do you change your cylinder to be barrel inducted?

Hi folks, back again. Thebat18, I dont know of a barrel induction kit for your engine either, its too early a model for a bolt on job. Unless you are restricted to keeping the original engine to get thru type approval / originality I would opt for a change to a T5 or P200 motor and start from there otherwise you will be looking at a pretty hefty welding and machining cost before you start tuning, and if it all went Pete you would incur similar cost to start again ( a regular occurrence, unfortunately!!!). At least with a „standard“ kit like Malossi you can just dive in. I must add the DR kit is not a prefered choice of kit and if you want to go down the route of welding for barrel inducting it may be worth looking at an alloy Malossi / Pinasco kit. Expect to have to replatr or better, a steel liner. Where do you want to stop. Watercool aswell?? OZZY. I did all the Tig in my shed, recently got 415v 3ph to play with. The exhaust design is a slightly modified ProPorting(Harry Barlow) design but I changed a few angles and lengths to give me a bit more bottom end, but still revs v.well. My port timings are quite high on the transfers but not too extreme on the exhaust port. All ports were altered though as was the piston. Be V V V careful carving the cyl. plating, bud, cos you may end up with BIG expense. ENJOY.[:smile:]