Vespatronic voltage issues. Help please

I have recently replaced the scootRS ignition and stator kit on my VBA with the Vespatronic one. It is much better made then the scootRS kit, and vibrations that I had are now gone.

The trouble I am having now is that my SIP electronic speedo no longer gets enough voltage to run properly. Voltage with the vespatronic system measures at 10.2V ac, even under revs. I thought I could fit a battery to run the speedo, but the regulator only puts out about 5v DC, even with no load. My lights also flicker more at idle then they did with the scootRS system. If I disconnect the regulator, I get 17V ac

I have measure resistances through the Vespatronic stator, and blue to red is 0.9 ohm, Red/white to blue is 1.1 ohm, BUT red to red/white is 0.6 ohm.  Is that correct that there should be such a low resistance between the Red/White and the Red wire?? I would have thought that there would be a separate coil for the battery charging wire. Looking at the back of the stator, it looks like there is, so I'm thinking my stator has a short circuit. Can anyone help me please?

Below is a simplified wiring schematic of what I have done to wire this to my VBA. Is this wrong???

Hi,

I’m running a liquid-cooled Malossi 221 with a Vespatronic ignition and on my last couple of rides I’ve had trouble with overheating.

I’ve traced the problem back to the battery going flat!

I’m running a constant-rated water-pump (I’m running twin radiators behind the legshields, so the pump’s always running) and an electronic fuel pump - both of which are drawing very slightly over 2 amps combined.

I’ve checked that the charging circuit is working (it is), but I don’t know what the current into the battery is.

I can try a bigger battery, but if I’m taking out more than I put in it’s just delaying the inevitable.

It’s a gel-battery so I’m concerned that it’s either an issue with the charge and discharge rates, or that it’s an issue with the DC output from the ignition, especially at low revs (I can’t ride at full-tilt all the time - the roads aren’t long enough!!!)

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

spec sheet specifies I should be getting

(AC) 12.7 ±0.5 Vrms (Battery

full night circuit, 5000 rpm Ta=25°C

Temp. coeciency max ±8mV/°C

and 

(DC) 14.5 ±0.5 Vrms (Battery

full day circuit, 5000 rpm Ta=25°C

Temp. coeciency max ±12mV/°C

where do I go for support, because I am no where near this. False advertising????

I hooked up a battery to the output on the regulator, and it's charging at 14.5V.

Turns out that it is a half wave rectification, and measuring the output with a multimeter and no battery connected will give too low a reading.

AC output is still low, but I can kind of live with that

Hi,

I'm running a liquid-cooled Malossi 221 with a Vespatronic ignition and on my last couple of rides I've had trouble with overheating.

I've traced the problem back to the battery going flat!

I'm running a constant-rated water-pump (I'm running twin radiators behind the legshields, so the pump's always running) and an electronic fuel pump - both of which are drawing very slightly over 2 amps combined.

I've checked that the charging circuit is working (it is), but I don't know what the current into the battery is.

I can try a bigger battery, but if I'm taking out more than I put in it's just delaying the inevitable.

It's a gel-battery so I'm concerned that it's an issue with charge and discharge rates, or it's that the ignition isn't pushing enough current into the battery...

Maybe I'll fit an ammeter to see what it's like in use, but that will obviously draw power too!