I can speak and understand German, tough writing is hard for me so I write the problem in English. Answers can be written in German or English.
A long time ago I restorated the engine of my vespa 50L (V5A1T). After this I got the engine running once OK but did not drive with it. Now 1,5 year later the frame is finnished but the engine won't start.
- New sparkplug
- Wet spark
- Clean carb
- Orriginal settings
- New floater needle
- Vespa will not start after restoring engine, dispite new piston + rings + floater needle + wet spark plug + starterspray
- Did run and drive on old piston (probably Paggio orriginal)
- Old Piston had blow by signs
- After restoring with a new piston + new rings, engine does not run (Meteor 38.4mm)
- When removing exhaust air leackage can be noticed (video)
- New piston shows already vertical scratches
Any advice what to do, and how can I determine the right piston size?
(I tried starting it with a spoon of oil in the spark plug hole, it had no effect)
Let me know!