Vespa Cosa 200.....................HELP?

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out. I have a couple of questions about my Cosa as it not running quite right. I've never had a Cosa before, but have quickly found out that pretty much everything is different to a PX. Does anybody know if anyone does a workshop manual in English? I know there are a couple in German, I mean I could get by with one of them but only if it has fairly detailed diagrams, what are either of the German workshop manuals like? 

Right now lets get to the point. Problem number 1, from cold it runs fine, as soon as the choke switches off it just won't  rev up properly. To pull away you have to keep trying to rev it until eventually pulls away, but it pulls away slowly, and is constantly pulling back. when you pull back the throttle, there is a delay before the engine revs. I've cleaned the carb out etc, does anybody know how far out the screw should be that turns the petrol on and off on the carb? What is the normal setting for the air mixture screw?

The second problem is does anybody have a wiring diagram that can actaully be read? I know there is a couple on the Scooterhelp website, but you can't actually read any of it, even when you enlarge it just makes it blurred?

from cold it runs fine, as soon as the choke switches off it just won't  rev up properly. To pull away you have to keep trying to rev it until eventually pulls away, but it pulls away slowly, and is constantly pulling back. when you pull back the throttle, there is a delay before the engine revs. I've cleaned the carb out etc

It sounds like the fuel pump? as the cosa has one of these,remove the air filter under the seat? you could try another carb or... just use a normal carb of off a px/p2! this is why the cosa is so popular!![:)] if they run, there very good, but once they get problems they are a bugger to fix! the brakes are supposed to be worse!

good luck!

Is that what that bit coming off of the inlet to the carb is?? Strangest looking fuel pump I've seen, why bother with a fuel pump? It seems like they just done everything on the Cosa to be really awkward, virtually nothing is interchangable and as you say I hope I don't get a problem with the brakes, they look like a total nightmare but their fine at the moment !!!!!(famous last words!!!!)

That sounds about right if that's a fuel pump as when it does eventually get wound up it is pulling back all the time where it seems there serious lack of fuel. Do you know does the fuel pump only work if the battery is working?

I only bought the thing for work, the only reason I like them, well I say like very loosely is that no-one else likes them, and so they're so fu*king ugly!!!

Thanks for your help there, much appreciated

Justin

Hi Justin,

I just saw that you have problems with your cosa.This scoot doesn't have a fuel pump,but it is an electrical valve that opens and close the fuel flow from tank to carb ! the screw on top must always be close.In case the electrical valve doesn't work (defect) you can open this screw a few turns.The choke is beside this fuel valve under carbu cover and also electrical feeded.For the repair manual,i think there existing in english (haines or something).If you have more problems,let it know.

Greetz,

Pascal.