Unable to confirm order

Hi I placed an order on August 18th and received an email confirming this. I have checked on my user area under my parcels, but it says that i have no parcels. I have sent two further emails to try to find what is happening but have had no response, and have telephoned on 3 occasions but had to give up after being put on hold for too long each time.

Can somebody please confirm what is happening?

thanks, the parcel arrived yesterday.

however, this was still 19 days from the original order, and 12 days after payment was taken, despite having paid extra for the same day order-pick option, and the estimate of 4 days for transit showing on the website. It was also nine days after a german friend of mine finally managed to get through on the telephone and be told that the order was going out that day. according to the website page i still have "no parcels sent"

I think you need to work on this one guys, its not good enough

Know what you mean…

Placed an order on the 25th Aug. and I have been checking my “user area”, my parcels” daily, and it shows “No parcels have been sent to you yet.” Without being sent, it arrived today..

I wonder, could be so, that the only people in Europe that have not heard about “ the German efficiency” are working at SIP?

Know what you mean…

Placed an order on the 25th Aug. and I have been checking my “user area”, my parcels” daily, and it shows “No parcels have been sent to you yet.” Without being sent, it arrived today..

I wonder, could be so, that the only people in Europe that have not heard about “ the German efficiency” are working at SIP?