Tuning kits

I am looking to get the pinasco 215 cylinder kit for my p2, Im already to order the beasty, when I notice in the sip cat, that you should mill your engine cases to accomodate the changes in overflow due to the ports on the new piston kit being of a different sizes and locations to that of the original P2 piston. Anyone out there know what thats all about. Its the first time I have heard of this, but apparantly if its not right your throbbing member will run like a bow wow. Anyone and ideas Pleas
Cheers.
Jayjay [:smokin:]

Dont u also need a longstroke crank for the pinasco?

I was not having a dig, I was just curious.

Vespa… its not just a scooter, its a way of life!

You dont need to touch the casings with a pinasco kit as its basically the same base ports as the standard barrel, and the 60mm crank will advance the barrel port timings if you decide to use one, otherwise it will run fine leaving it all standard- just increase the main jet.

You get the base gasket and mark out what needs to be removed then go at it with a dremel or similar tool. I think all of the kits need some kind of milling.

Cheers everyone for replying, its great to know that so many people can be bothered to help other scootnuts cheers.

So as far as I can work Out, the pinasco is a good bit of touring kit, which is exactly what I want, I will need a long crankshaft, and little or no mods are required as the porting config is basically the same as a standard P2…sounds good to me if anyone knows any different please let us all know.

Ps, any ideas of max performance i can expect with this set up with my sip performance exhaust stuck on the end. please do tell

Cheers

Jayjaykay[:smokin:] [:D]

You dont have to have the long-stroke crank though, it just gives a better performance

Basically, Pinasco kit 215cc has got asimilar porting than the standard P 200, minor milling could be done. But my personal opinion is that as it is not a the bestr performance kit and is more a touring kit, you can leave it as standard.
Compared to a Polini or Malossi where you have to do quite a lot of work because the porting is totally different.

Cheers,

Nicolas
[:bounce:] [:bounce:] [:bounce:] [:smokin:]

Sorry, let me just clarify what I just said, you can fit the Pinasco kit without too many modifications.

Cheers,

Nicolas

No worries, it was me getting upset with myself not being clear enough.
But indeed using a long stroke crankshaft will increase your compression and cc. Nevertheless you will have to use either a 1.5mm cylinder gasket and if you have a good expansion chambers then probably a milled cylinder head, otherwise too much compression.

Cheers,

Nicolas

[:drink:] [:drink:] [:drink:] [:drink:]

would it not be better just to leave the caseings?people i speak to say that unless u r goin to go the full hog on the motor,its not worth while for just a bolt and go kit if you no what i mean.if you do the mods and anything happens it means you cant go back to the standard barrel.

If u r not confident enough to do the milling u can send your cases to MB Developments, they do a pretty good job and charge reasonable prices.

I would expect a good increase in performace over a standard P2, another plus point is that its an alu cylinder so you wont get any overheating problems at high revs. I have heard that they need to be run in carefully or they are prone to seizing and the chrome lining gets ruined. As long as you follow the instrucions to the letter and use a good quality oil you should have no problems. Some people say that it is the best kit ever for the P2, not having owned one personally I wouldnt know, but would be interested in your views once you have the kit.

would it not be better just to leave the caseings?people i speak to say that unless u r goin to go the full hog on the motor,its not worth while for just a bolt and go kit if you no what i mean.if you do the mods and anything happens it means you cant go back to the standard barrel.