Tuning for Town

Whats the best tuning for a PX125 engine for use in town? Polini or Mallosi Kit? What about cranks, pipes etc. I want something that is quick off the mark, but not too bothered about top end speed. However, I need it 100% reliable as I use it to get to work every morning?

Hi

I use a 177 Polini on my Sprint which I have been riding (read: thrashing) to work every day. It loves it. I have a standard exhaust mainly because a Sito Plus doesnt work well on the Sprint but should be better on a PX as they are a bit higher and the others tend to get in the way of the stand. Crank is standard too and seem to be holding out fine. It doesnt blow away the Gilera`s but can take on a standard P200, T5 or ET4 without too much trouble which is what matters really [;)]

Hi Rob,

If you want a good engine to ride in town forget about high tuning exhausts, because they generaly lead to low performance at low revs.
I dont know a lot about malossis 166 for PX but what i know is that malossi`s are high tuning cylinders. If you want something for everyday use try polini or DR kits. They are reliable and good in performance. Also you could swap your standard exhaust for a Leovinci or a SitoPlus. One of my friends used to ride a Leovinci and the result was not bad at all. If you decide to choose a polini kit then think to match the exhaust with the same brand (good result in performance). For good acceleration you could swap your standard flywheel for a PK XL one (lighter than the original one but not as light than the HP4).
To my opinion, for a daily use, a good PX125 engine could be as follow
DR or Polini kit - Lightened flywheel - SI 24-24 T5 carb - and Leovinci or Sito exhaust.

Hope this will help…

Little Bab [:bounce:] [:bounce:] [:bounce:]

Hi

I use a 177 Polini on my Sprint which I have been riding (read: thrashing) to work every day. It loves it. I have a standard exhaust mainly because a Sito Plus doesnt work well on the Sprint but should be better on a PX as they are a bit higher and the others tend to get in the way of the stand. Crank is standard too and seems to be holding out fine. It doesnt blow away the Gilera`s but can take on a standard P200, T5 or ET4 without too much trouble which is what matters really [;)]

d