T5 Sip Performance vs PX 125 Sip Performance

I know someone who has a Sip Performance exhaust for a PX 125, and he now wants to fit this to his T5 - obviously it will not fit because the downpipe piece does not match the exhaust stub.

Since the exhaust is two piece - If he had the correct downpipe piece to connect to the stub - is it possible to use the PX125 exhaust?

Or are the dimensions of the T5 Sip Performance chamber different from the PX-125 Sip Performance chamber ?

Hi mate
As MTL said you buy the downpipe to fit your engine…the exhaust is the same,good luck
Nick
http://groups.msn.com/wellermansscootersite/scooterup

Ps Hey MTL havent seen you play the No1 record game on the site!!! haha

I bought a T5 complete performer pipe with a px125 downpipe. I firsrt thought that i could swap the pipe from my px to my t5. But i was wrong. The dimensions of the T5 Sip Performance chamber are different from the PX-125 Sip Performance chamber, and so is the lengh of the downpipe (i’ve checked with one of my friends who has the performer for px 125). I think both pipe (T5 and Px) are designed to suit the engines.

Hope it has helped.

Little Bab

[:bounce:] [:bounce:] [:bounce:]

Thanks for the help lads

Just trying to settle a bit of a disagreement - i have a taffspeed pipe myself, and i know all that needs to be changed is the downpipe if it’s needed on a different model, was wondering if the same applied to the SIP Pipes

T

I believe the only difference is the downpipe. If you buy a T5 downpipe it should fit. I think that all the SIP perfomance pipes are the same, the only difference being the downpipe. To be safe I would give SIP a call to check.

Its exam season at the mo, havent had a lot of time.

ive got both type and the t5 will only fit the t5 and same for the px that will only go on px the engine mounts are at different angles
[:itchy:]