T5 COSA CLUTCH

HELP
I HAVE A T5 1992 WHICH HAS A 172 KIT,COSA CLUTCH AND SIP PIPE.THE PROBLEM I HAVE AROSE WHEN I REBUILT THE ENGINE DUE TO A CRACK IN ONE OF THE CASES.WITH THE CLUTCH FITTED ON TO THE CRANK THERE SEEMS TO HORIZONTAL PLAY WITH THE FLYWHEEL SIDE AND THE CLUTCH.BOTH NUTS HAVE TIGHTENED TO CORRECT TORQUE.ALSO IT SEEMS THAT THE PITCH BETWEEN THE 21 TEETH ON THE CLUTCH AND THE PRIMARY DRIVE COULD BE WRONG AS YOU CAN MOVE THE CLUTCH A SMALL WAY.

WOULD I BE BETTER GOING BACK TO THE 20 TOOTH T5 CLUTCH???

THIS IS DRIVING MAD
PLEASE HELP BEFORE I SLASH MY WRISTS!!![:’(] [:’(] [:’(] [:’(] [:’(] [:’(] [:’(]

Not sure mate , ive kept my carb standard .
Try ringing taffspeed or pm tuning there dealing with these probs day in day out .
Ive recently down graded my exhaust to a simonini because the cosa clutch gave me probs on the hills . The simonini has solved this problem quite well , i’d be interested to see how the sip performs , have u tryed it yet ?

SINCE I FITTED THE OIL METERING GEAR ONTO THE CRANK ALL MY WORRIES SEEM SO FAR AWAY!!!

TRIED THE CARB WITH 130 JET AND NO FILTER-ALL RIGHT,
CHANGED TO 132 AND RUNNING WELL RICH!!
DOESN’T PULL AS WELL AS BEFORE-WAS IT A WASTE OF MONEY AND HASTLE??

I’LL TELL YOU SOON
CHEERS FOR THE ADVICE[:smile:] [:smile:] [:drink:] [:drink:] [:drink:]

You need to jet the mid-range on the PHBH carbs too: They take a lot of setting up right…and then when the weather change they need doing all over again :frowning:

As a guide: On a T5 172 Malossi reed, taffspeed head, Cosa 21 tooth, Sip-pipe, HP4 flywheel, Delorto PHBH30mm I was running a 132/135 main (depending on weather, X3 Needle (2nd clip), AV262 Atomiser, 55 Idle. Keep trying: It will run better than with a 24mm carb…eventually.

Guy with the Simonini: Exactly the same problem: Overlap to 4th gear…missing th powerband against strong head wind/uphill. I think is the pipe and kit combo: both make power high up and used together exagerate the ‚problem‘: Notice in the New SIP ‚Classic News‘ (or aybe you didn’t coz it’s in German) catalogue they have brought out a new version of the T5 SIP pipe, with more torque (longer down pipe) recommended for use with the Polini & Malossi kits…so it is obviously a recognised problem! (8 months after I bought the old version…bloody typical)

I talked to SIP and apparently you cannot fit the new longer downpipe to the old chamber…bloody double typical! (or do they just want to encourage me to buty a new pipe?) So I’might try to weld on some extra length before the chamber: Couple of problems with doing that though: 1) It’s stainless: so very hard to weld 2) I expect problems geting it to fit properly/sit right at the bracket side…I’ll let you know how I get on…

CHEERS DIDGE-I OWE YOU A GOOD DRINK!!
BECAUSE I HAVE FITTED MALLOSSI MANIFOLD AND 30MM DELORTO CARB I HAVE REMOVED THE OIL PUMP DRIVE ETC AND HAVEN’T PUT THE DRIVE ON THE CRANK.
PS. WHAT SIZE MAIN JET DO I PUT IN THE CARB.IT’S A 172 MALOSSI WITH SIP PERFORMANCE PIPE.THE JET IN THE CARB AS NEW IS A 130.BUT I HAVE 132,135,138???

THANKS AGAIN [:look:] [:look:] [:look:] [:look:] [:drink:] [:drink:] [:drink:]

Have you fitted the oil pump gear on the crank , between the clutch and the crank ?

cheers guys!!
i spoke to reedspeed in worcestershire-a firm who done a mates engine(flying machine!),and they recommended without having the bike on the dyno the following:
1-x7 needle
2-main jet 118-124
3-depending on slide:40=62 pilot and 122 main jet
30=55 pilot and 122 main jet

i have booked it in on 5th june to have carb set up and put on dyno.£35p/h on dyno.
i’ll let you know what happens
cheers[:smokin:] [:smokin:] [:smokin:] [:dance1:] [:dance1:] [:dance1:] [:drink:] [:drink:]