sportique=T5

[:dance1:]
trying to find some info on converting a T5 engine to use vespa sportique 8inch wheels, has anyone done it before?
Canit be done?

[:rotate:] [:rotate:] [:rotate:] [:rotate:] [:rotate:]

IVE MANAGED TO CONVERT THE T5 ENGINE TO USE THE 8" WHEELS FROM THE SPORTIQUE AND I KNOW ITS EASY ENOUGH TO SWAP THE KICKSTARTS OVER.
WHAT I WANT TO KNOW FROM ANYONE WHOS ALREADY FITTED A AUTOLUBE ENGINE INTO A SPORTIQUE IS WILL A T5/P RANGE OIL / PETROL TANK FIT OR DO YOU JUST DO AWAY WITH IT AND CONNTINUE TO PREMIX.
IF THE ANSWERS YES HAS ANYONE GOT ONE CHEEP?
ALSO LIKE TO KNOW HOW YOU SOLVED THE WIRING. NEW LOOM??
CHEERS, HERALD

Hi Herald,
I’m in the process of building a 150 super with a T5 coversion.
The premix tank fitted straight in (even the tapped holes in the frame lined up), all I had to do was remove the oil sight glass and blank off the hole. Hope this helps, could you also please tell me how you’ve got the oldstyle kickstart to fit, as I couldn’t get mine to fit. I reckon if I mill out the hole i’ll be able to make it fit, but do you have a better way.
Cheers Dan
http://mysite.freeserve.com/norwich_scooter_club/

[:dance1:]
know what you mean dylan, if I cant keep the 8inch wheels I aint gonna bother, trouble is you cannt tune a sportique engine unless you know different.

Herald [:smokin:]

I got a Sprint (actually GT) kickstart leaver fitted right on a T5 MK1 shaft (KS quadrant is different from a P2/125 etc).

Also got a Beedspeed wiring diagram scanned for the conversion loom (P engine into GT/Sprint/Rally etc) if anyone is interested (and can tell me how to post pix here). I can highly recommend buying the loom from them (for the electrically challenged amongst us) - 19 quid and the wire quality is much better than the old brittle 6v stuff. Diagram comes with it. Scooterhelp.com is great but they often do diagrams for the models sold only in the US.

The autolube tank drops straight in this style frame (not sure for Sportique though) just blank off the oil sight glass as above post said

I order to get the old style kickstart to fit you have to use the old style kickstart quadrant as well

d

[:smokin:] [?[]
yes I want to put the T5 engine into the spotique, but I really want to keep the bike looking orginal with its 8inch wheels and exsiting kick start.
I’ve heard a rumor it can be done but I’m hoping to find some info on whats involved before I break the sportique engine
i.e can the rear brakedrums and backplates just be swaped or has the main drive shaft got to be swapped aswell, if this is the case does it create a gearing poblem.

While Im on has anyone got a seized or spare sportique engine and rear drum they want to get rid of that I can use.
Look forward to hearing any ideas.

cheers, herald [:dance1:] [:dance1:]

I presume you are trying to put a T5 engine in a Sportique body? If so the usual route is to use the 10" wheels and convert the front end to suit… unless you have an 8" wheel fetish [:rolleyes:]

[:smokin:] [:smokin:]
I found www.scooterhelp.com abig help when it came to changing the kickstarts over. He can explain it better than i can