Spark Plug ?

Hi All,

I purchased some Champion L82c spark plugs for my PX125 as I was planning to fit a SIP performance but instead I went for Simonini with 26mm carb…can I use these spark plugs or will I toss them.

I think I currently use a BH7S spark plug but will need to double check this.

Thanks and Regards,

Brian.

can ruin the engine for a question of heat transfer.
And the right spark make the engine run better.

For me the effect of a too much timing advance can’t be solved by a enogh cold spark and I always prefer to use (for many reason and also for performance) the less time advance as possible without compromising performance and put a slightly hotter spark.

So like you I would have choosen the 8 grade with 18 advance instead then 9 grade with 19 advance.

Curare,

I see from your previous posts you recommend the Bosh W3AC with Polini kit…is the equivelant to the NGK B8HS or 9

Brian.

hello,

if now you have a standard you should have a B6HS, if is B7HS is ok with the simonini. With a champion grade if I don’t have a list in front of me I get lost!

Curare,

So with my polini177 26mm carb and simonini you would recommend the NGK B7HS as the best spark plug for my setup?

Regards,

Brian.

…B9 is equivalent to W3, B8 is a little hotter but not as hot as a W4.
So yes I would use a grade B9 or a W3 with polini or if you are running more retarded then 18 you could go for a 8.
Bosch grades covers a little wider spectrum then the NGK ones.
Or 27 on Denso scale… (equinalent to B9 )

Curare,

My Polini was fitted by Midland Scooter Centre so I am not sure what timimg is set to so I would be guessing…How do I check the timing, do I need 1 of those degree discs, take the flywheel off and measure…which means I have to purchase a flywheel extracter and a flywheel holding tool.

Regards,

Brian.

Hi Curare,

Does a too hot spark plug riun the engine or just makes it run less than 100%.

I will buy B8HS spark plugs tomorrow.

Regards,

Brian.

hello,

no, no BH7 with Polini 177, I didn’t know you had a Polini 177, or maybe I forgot you had one. I said BH7 since in your post you were talking about „my PX125“ so I thought it was a standard engine.

With a Polini 177 I would reccomend either a 9 grade (for a timing 19) or a 8 grade for a timing 18.

B7 is too hot. It is ok for standard.