Smooth PX Side Panels

How do you smooth PX side panels? I saw a smoothed PX at Mkt. Harborough this weekend and it looked fantastic. It was sandy brown with a wide rear tyre and a single saddle type seat.

I am guessing the crap way to do it is with filler. Or do you get a panel beater to knock out the folds? Or do you cut out then weld in flat metal?

Plastikjock.

better pic and the paint was applied with a can…

Hi Plastikjock,
My panels were banged out and then filled. So far the filler hasn’t fallen out, but it’s only been a couple of months so who knows? The mesh idea sounds like a good bet though.
Make sure the indicators fit before you paint!
Cheers Grimesy

Cheers Diablo…they took ages to do…trying to get people to beleive that there is no filler in them is the hardest part…but who cares they are mine[:drink:]

i did mine by filling out the indentation with body solder (lead)as i work in a body shop it was easy to do and it will never fall out or crack…

The best ones ive seen are with mesh fixed inside the stip and then filler. Without the mesh the filler falls out. Its not an easy job to do just right but any decent sprayshop can do it

Brilliant bit of work there - lovely.

Original von vespamalossi:
i did mine by filling out the indentation with body solder (lead)as i work in a body shop it was easy to do and it will never fall out or crack…

IF ITS NOT FAST THEN IT WONT LAST

how much do you charge to do 2 panels?[:rolleyes:]

Those panels are sex. You know there good when the’re black and you still can’t see ripples.