SI 26 carbs

Has anyone set one of these up on a T5 172?
I want a starting point for jets, idle, air corrector etc…

thanks for any help.

the main reason for the change to a 26mm is to keep autolube and also the bigger venturi area allows a larger flow of cold fresh air to cool the motor thats why kitted engines like em coz theyre prone to generating heat(no shit).if it helps run cooler and saves yer piston its gotta be worth it soz jegrieve didnt mean to urinate on your fire

stroud valleys(midnight hour)sc est 1984

I was told that they work OK with the smaller filter…was I told wrong…wonder if I can extend the airbox top to fit a T5 filter. I assume I cannot just lose the top as it has some function?
cheers.

I was told by beedspeed that they are to big to fit in the carb box becauce of the filter is smaller on a P2 carb, and will not run right with a little filter on a T5 ?

i cant see as they wont fit because its the same casting as a24mm,just bored bigger.the smaller p2 air filter should fit and run ok but you will have to drill out the underside above the main jet(5mm hole) to allow clean air flow into jets

stroud valleys(midnight hour)sc est 1984

I READ AN ARTICLE IN SCOOTERING CONCERNING THIS CONVERSION,I HAD A CHAT WITH READSPEED WHO DYNO’ED MY 30MM DELLORTO’ED T5.HE RECKONS THAT THE STANDARD SI24MM CARB PROPERLY SET UP WILL OFFER SAME PERFORMANCE AND YOU DON’T HAVE TO SPEND £60 ON WHAT IS BASICALLY THE SAME CARB.
TAKE MY ADVICE AND PAY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING IN RELATION TO ROLLING ROADS AND OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE.
I CAN PERSONALLY RECOMMEND READSPEED IN WORCESTER-JERRY.
HE RACES SCOOTERS AND KNOWS HIS STUFF.
IF YOU WANT HIS NUMBER I WILL POST IT ON THIS BOARD
BEST OF LUCK
JAMES[:nuke:] [:nuke:] [:nuke:] [:nuke:]