shit,rust

Major setback, removed the plastic over the floorboard on my scoot and found the last thing i was looking for lots of rust.

What now, welding an painting and alot of work…

Any one got good tips on the subject? Now im pissed and in a bad mood…

You could get a new floor, remove the shagged one & get the new one welded in. Major job as you need to strip the scooter right down then re-paint it. SIP sell new floor sections, some have the full legshields & some are just floor pans, check when you order. Or you could look around for a good frame to replace yours, probably cheaper & easier, just check it to make sure it is a good un, you may find one good enough to use without re-painting, Or you could go the whole hog & get a brand new bare frame to have painted etc, price up how much the welding, labour, replacement legshields & paint will be, then compare with the price for a new frame, if you can`t do most of the work yourself & need to get shops involved it might be cheaper to get a new frame & just have it painted. Or probably the cheapest solution, cut the crap off yours & turn it into a streetracer.

Thanks for the pic, the cut looked like i tought. You removed more of the legsheild than i got planed, but down by the feets it looked the same. Now im removing everthing from the frame, thakes a litle time cuse alot of the bolts and other stuff is ruined. Its gone be a puzzle to get it back togheter, but when the frem is done the rest should be a walk in the park i hope…

Hi Bob, you have a major job there, good luck. I still reckon youd do better finding a replacement frame, or personally with a frame that bad Id cut off the floor boards & fit rearsets. You could get the new frame then cut down your old one to sell on & get some money back. Tip for whatever you do, the rust looks worse where the foot support is under the frame as it is a water trap Id recommend drilling a small hole, or two, in the bottom as a drain hole and spray some waxoyl, or other rust prevention stuff, up in there and check it regularly. I am just cutting down a PX200 frame & where the feet supports are on the main frame I have ground them off cos they are rust traps, they dont do anything once the floorboards are gone anyway & it cleans up the lines of the frame.

Hi Bob, you can cut the footboards off and leave the legshields at the front if you want, that way you can keep the toolbox. You can cut the boards to any shape you want, but from the condition of your frame I would suggest you follow the shape of the frame edge where the lip is for the stand & brake pedal then curve the cut out to where you want it to meet the legshields under the tool box. then you will need to weld on some sort of a bracket to bolt some footpegs to. You can use the standard brake pedal and put two pairs of footpegs on so you can carry a pillion. Or how`s this for a suggestion, cut off the floorboards and grind off the foot supports under the frame then weld some strips of strong rightangle steel under the frame in a similar place to the rusty rubbish you have removed. Drill some holes in the rightangle and make some new footboards from say some alloy plate. If you can design it and make it good enough you will be able to match it into the legshields and have removable footboards which should stop the problem from happening again but keep it looking standard.

get a second hand frame and fit px running board strips and toss the t5 mats ina skip.more touble than theyre worth.would you stay with a bird coz she’s pretty to look at but used your credit card???gave you clap???

stroud valleys(midnight hour)sc est 1984

Her some pictures so you can see whar it looks like. Im planing to try and weld it myself. Its been a while but than i can relearn it. Tips would bee nice…

i put some pics in the forumpics tread. HAve look and tell me what you think

Hi, thanks for the tip. I think im gone try to cut of the floorboards. I still wanna keep the legsheild so it looks like a vespa, but i was thinking to cut in to where the fram middle thing is. Do you have pictures or a better disprtion for me. I read english better than i write and explain myself…

Buying a new fram is not an option, to exspensive probaly more than i paid in the first place. Since this is my first scoot i tought i could learn while i woorked, and if it fails buy a new one. I got this cheep, but since my freinds have older ones without the plastic on the floorboard it was not in my head that it could be rust under there… So my cheep buy turned out to be a bad one, but now atleast i could practice the work without the fear of ruening the scoot.

Not so bad that its not good for something i guess…

By the way, if you got more pictures of the work and how it endet up you can mail them to me at [email protected]