Set up on px200

IVE FITTED A SCOOTRS STAINLESS EXHUST AND I HAVEING TROUBLE SETTING IT UP CAN ANYONE HELP.THIS IS THE STORY SO FAR STARTED WITH 122 JET SEEMED TO BE BOGGIN DOWN AT FULL REVS WENT UP TO 125,130 BACK DOWN 120/118 READ ON FORUM TO CHANGE TIMMING ALTERED TIMMING TO 18 d NOW ITS A BIT CONSITPATED AT FULL REVS . IF I HOLD IT AT FULL REVS IT WILL CLEAR AFTER A BIT JET SIZE 122 THEN 125 NO BETTER
ANY ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFUL THANKS[:bounce:]

the bikes standard px200 stainless steel scootrs pipe plugs a 9
have tryed a 120 before altering timeing but will try again

hello Darren,

I don’t think you should be confused, at the end you have just changed an exhaust!
Let’s go back at the beginning.
You have, I think, a standard PX200 engine. If this is correct, changing only the exhaust, you can keep your timing original, means 23. You know most of the times in this forum we get for granted that we are talking about an engine fitted with a kit. If of course the engine has a kit, 23 timing is too advanced and you will overheat and other distruction will occur.

So go back to original timing , play with the main jet, clean the air filter, and doubble check the condition of your spark or better change it with a new one of correct number is important.

You were saying before that with a main jet 120 things were getting better. I think 120 is a little too big but carburation depends too much from other factors,
so don’t be afraid of trying, be patient and tell us.

[:roll:]

stainless steel does not dissapate heat very well!!! which means it will overheat! standard jet is a no no! pound to a penny mr aa will pick u up and put you in his van with either a holed piston or a seized motor! beerace or vespa doc please tell this man! O AND DONT FORGET TO CLEAN YOUR AIR FILTER;D

whats the spec of the engine?
have you tried a 120 main jet to see if it runs better?
my 210 is running a 118 main with a sip right hand pipe[:D]

if you have had real problems and are still havin them , chuck the standard eggy back on to see if the probs vanish. I’ve had loads of different chambers on my p2 and the biggest adjustment I ever made was to upjet from 118 to 120 (nothing else). Stainless pipes ca’t dissipate heat very well so there is an arguement to change to a different heat rated plug.

i put on the standard exhuste for the ride out thought better not risk it . will put it back on after my holiday and try again.
thanks for the help and happy birthday beerace
Darren

[:D] i have tried a 120 jet and things are getting better will keep you informed of progress

hello curare
so far so good the jet is now a 116 as standard and its running spot on we will see how it goes on sunday on the ride out to grassington yorkshire thanks for your help
Darren[:dance1:]

havin the same probs myself, first of all DONT LEAVE TIMEING AS 23, you will hole a piston as i have done, use the coldest plug u have b9 is good. rite now ,my turn, this has been goin on for months, and im just about to bin the fuckin so called fantastic scorpion . standard p2non lube with scorpion 120 main b9 plug,sitting about 18,19 degrees and its pinkin its nuts off on quarter throttle, as in crusing around 50/55.give it full, no pinkin but when i try to level out again and sit at steady 60 /65 pinking again!! now on a 122 main pinking not as bad but when revs are high in 3rd into 4th and its as if its out of petrol (no its not bogging out) ive spoken to a few other disatisfied scorpion users at various rallies with the same pinking problems, wheres vespa doc when u need em!![:’(]

now im confused its seems a big hammer is required like we did in the eightes, if i can,t sort it its back to standard and ill sell the exhuste and buy one for the mark one t5 [?[]

For Beerace

happy birthday.

hello,

I had a look at scootrs page and the kind of exhaust you have (if I looked at the right one) doesn’t look like an expansion, it is more like a look thing.
I think Beerace and Stubbsy were talking about more performance oriented design. And of course if you end up using the same main jet as standard (as Beerace said) it means your engine burns the same quantity of mix and means you have more or less the same performance and so it will be just a look upgrade.
If in the future you have another exhaust I will be able to help you out better ( I have tried SIP, RZ, SITO, PM, Simonini, Polini;Taffspeed; all with different kit and set up. And I still have all of them. You know for each tuning there is an exhaust that works better to your taste).

hello,

I would go back to original timing. I don’t think you need to retard your ignition if you put on just an exhaust expecially if the kind that you bought.

Go back to original timing,

put on a new spark same grade as original, (Marelli CW 6L, Bosh W 5 C, Champion N4, AC 43 XL or NGK B6ES )

clean your air filter

after all this put back the main jet 122 you tried at the beginning seemed fine

and let us know

right have change timming back to 23 changed spark plug and jet
size to 118 inprovment bit more torque chnging jet to 116 and see what happens [H]

Stubbsy, youre damn right, but today is MY birthday, been to the pub, ***ed. Yep, must retard timing with a pipe, ss does cause extra heat probs and on a standard p2 fitting a beerace pipe I would expect min of 120 main poss up to 125 depending whether built on wed. or fri. Have stayed out of this subject cos its been done 10x in forum already and if poeple have similar fault, if they cant be bothered to look up similar then what the hell, why do any of us bother. Nite all, and dont forget , dont write in forum when ***ed.

hello,

need to know which exaust, spark plug, kit using and carb, % of oil in your mix, ignition timing.

hello,

this is for Stubbsy.
I think you really have bad engine luck.
It seams with any engine you have you have pinking problems!
If I remember well you had it with Polini 177, and also at the beginning with the Pinasco 177 kit.
Maybe you are very lucky with women…
I have the same kind of bad luck with personal PC…endless problems. I need just to touch them and problems come…
I can’t explain it…

Thanks Curare. Darren, jetting is jetting. If 116 works, it works and go with it. An expasion should require upjetting, otherwise its telling you its using same fuel mixture/ volume therefore not working as an expansion, make sense? By its designed intention of use, an expansion should make a two-stroke work harder. Either rev harder/ give more torque by effectively stuffing more fuel into the chamber to combust. SO, more heat. If it aint getting hotter it isnt working effectively! Plug B8ES. Leave timing at 23 run it and see if it pinks, simple, if it does, retard to 18 simple. Jetting will be on the spot checking and changing, simple. If the performance, jetting, timing all stay as standard, get a different pipe, simple. Let us know how you get on on your rideout.

same problem, can anyone help, please