Rear brake light staying on?

Hi All,

The rear brake light on my PX keeps staying on, I dismantled the brake pedal and disconnected the blue and black wires and the light stayed on which indicates to me there is nothing wrong with the brake pedal setup.

Can you advise me what to do next, will it be a problem with the back lens unit itself?

Thanks and Regards,

Brian.

I’ve known the piston in the sensor to sieze/get bunged up with crap before.Take it out of the pedal and give it a good clean and lube up to see if this helps.

Hi,

I’ve known the piston in the sensor to sieze/get bunged up with crap before.Take it out of the pedal and give it a good clean and lube up to see if this helps.

Is the piston the wee red thing with the spring round it, Ive opened up the switch and all looks OK, should I just buy another switch…how much are they?

Regards,

Brian.

I’m no sparky so I’ll try to explain this as well as I can/understand it.

You have 2 wire’s,live and earth,blue is usually live and black earth if I remember rightly.It seem’s to me like you have a bad earth.

This could be anywhere,in the switch,at the contact point on the rear light or a broken wire.It could also be just the fixing to the connector’s is bad.

Get a circut tester to check your connection’s/feed to try and trace it.

The best person to ask is EffBee on here or FB on scooterboy-world,which I seem to remember you’re a member of as I’m sure he can explain it far better or have a better diagnosis for you.[;)]

Hi,

no…Just the brake light is sticking…it’s a 2003 disc and has been happening for a long time but I have my test soon and need to fix it.

Brian.

Guys,

I 've checked this and the brake light goes off now if I leave 1 of the 2 wires unplugged…do you know what the 2 wires are there for…I checked the rest of the lights which are fine so I am wondering why when I leave 1 of the wires unplugged there seems to be no difference.

Regards,

Brian.

Has this just started happening? Is the back light on whilst the brake light is on? Is it possible that the bake light is wired up wrong?

Yeah that seems more likely that it the front brake causing the problem. I keep forgetting we’re in the 21st century now!