Thanks for this reply LaRocca! I've got some problems, however, concerning your recommendations, because I've already bought some stuff from SIP following the advice of others (too many opinions!!). I like your recommendations but can I get by with the equipment I've already got (provided I buy a few more things?):
This is what I've got:
1. New Malossi 210 with New Malossi cylinder head SIP Art. No. 3113764
2. SI 26/26G Carb Dell'orto T5 with oil pump SIP Art. No. 40016000
3. 4th Gear Piaggio T5 36 cogs SIP Art. No. 22322900
I will buy:
4. SIP T5 Pipe
5. Mazzuchelli Racecrank: but which one Racecrank?
you recommended the Longstroke, but other say the regular / normal Racecrank (Mazzuchelli AMT 166, SIP Art No 45010000). If I get a longstroke can I use my new Malossi head? Or do I need that MMW head? Or can I get by with a normal racecrank with the new Malossi head? How much better is the longstroke for touring than the normal racecrank?
6. How important is it that I buy the Reinforced Cosa Clutch with 23 dents? Can I get by with my normal clutch? I don't intend racing or thrashing my Vespa to death. I just need more power taking off, and cruising at higher speeds, overtaking lorries on the freeways etc.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give!