Problem with stuck Cylinder Stud...Help?

All,

I have a slight problem, when I was decoking the engine I was loosening the cylinder stud nuts but 1 stud came off completely so I tightened it back on but now I can’t get it off again, I need it off because now the threads are warped and I cannot get the nut back on…Ive ordered a spare but do you know how I can get the stud off so I can fit the new 1.

Regards,

Brian.

Gaz,

I’ll need to try with the molegrips, the thread is messed up at the end of the stud.

thanks,

Brian.

Pyperb any luck getting out the stud

Gaz,

Still having problems, cannot get it removed with cylinder in position…How do I get the cylinder off? I have removed the head and I thought the cylinder would just come off also, is this correct or do I have to looden something else?

Regards,

Brian.

The barrel will could be stuck because the gasket,
have you tried mole grips?
also you could try a thread file or run a thread die to clean the thread,if you are going to replace it, you could also try cutting the damaged thread off, leaving enough for the nuts to get it undone

Maybe you should have removed the exhaust because it will not come off with it attached…ha ha ha.

if the thread is not messed up you can you put two nuts on the stud and lock the top one down on to the bottom one then wind out the stud by turning the bottom nut if the thread is messed up try griping the stud with mole grips

take it to some one with a welder and weld the nut to the stud and then twist it off, your putting in a new stud anyway

Update…

I think the cylinder may be sealed or something but I don’t know why this would be?

Brian.

Doh!;D