Post seize advice

Hi All,
Need some advice please. I’ve got a px125e with a Malossi 166 kite installed. After a year or so had a couple of heat seizes which resulted in the piston sounding quite rattely. So I took it apart and examined the piston, barrel and head and found no damage. So I began to put it back together and found I couldn’t get the barrel over the piston ( the rings in particular) So my first question is why is it so difficult to get the kit back together? the second is, should I get new piston rings because of the heat seizes?

Any advice appreciated cheers.

Thanks for the replys.
Ozzy what do you mean about the pegs?

as above ,piston slap. very common on mallos after a sieze, in fact on any top end after a sieze. (a very noticable metalic rattle) dont worry but dont think thicker oil would help

are the rings located on the ring pegs properly? cant see why otherwise, if it came off and there was no damage… as twatt said the rattely sound is probably top end bearing.

ozzy

try a new small end bearing and rings if your in any doubts about them.

THERE SHOULD BE A LOCATING PEG SOMEWHERE IN THE GROOVE FOR THE PISTON RING. PUT THE GAP OF THE RING WITH THE PEG IN IT, IT IS THERE TO STOP THE RING FROM MOVING AROUND, AND THE PEGS WILL BE IN DIFFERENT POSITIONS FOR EACH PISTON RING SO THE GAPS DO NOT LINE UP, WHICH WILL MAKE A GAP THAT WILL CAUSE A LOSS OF PRESSURE.

yes , i had a rattle, just changed piston,new rings small end bearing no differance still there, ended up the crank bearing went, all with in stopping the bike give it a kick no go , went to kick again, solid,i thought it was a seizure, stripped it down,luckly every thing ok just crank , give the con rod a shake now you have it appart

the ring pegs on the 166 are a few mil either side of the exhaust port, if they’re not located properly it won’t go on, just squeeze the rings into they’re groozes and turn them until they go in flush to the edge of the piston… [:D]

The rattling sound is due to piston slap.

I had a 166 kit on a 125 that seized, and although it went OK after the seize, the noise was always there.

Try a thicker oil… helped mine a little