polini 180 kit

im thinking of fitting a 180 kit to my px is it quite
straight forward or is there anything special i have to do[?[]

hello again,

I remember you Stubsy had endless problems with your Polini 177 kit, but I think something went wrong with your kit or maybe was just bud luck.
I used DR kit, I made an engine Pinasco +longstroke+Malossi reed, I made another engine with Polini for a friend and 0 problem, and the best I did another engine for myself with Polini kit and it is not just bolt on. This is my personal Polini 177 set up:
Polini177
Longstroke Worb 5 special lip
1,5mm head gasket
Malossi reed
Carb Mikuni TMX 30
timing 17
PK light flywheel
RZ exhaust
Spark Bosh W3AC
Cases ported.
21 teeth Cosa clutch
Renforced clutch basket
Renforced clutch spring

With this engine, after carefull carburation and timing, I made a trip of over 1500km with 0 problems. And I use it everyday and prefer it to the other PX engine I have with Pinasco kit.

The engine starts at half pedal kick
very low vibration at low - medium rpm…
No pinking

I think this is not a basic kit set up.
And I remember the first time I used a Polini 177 kit was 20years ago with racing cranck ,ported cases, 28carb. I don’t know if the kit is the same, I think it is, but even 20 years ago I had no prob., and I was young and sufferd from SLOW SPEED PHOBIA

[:roll:]

hello,

Polini 177 is my favourite kit for PX125 - 150. You can use it just bolt on, you should get around 13hp if you use a 28 carb.
I advice you to use a 28carb with this kit since it will cool out better then with a 20si or a 24si.
If you want all this kit can give you have to port cases the inlet port and put a racing crank or reed. With these mod. you should get around 17 - 18 hp (of course depending on the exhaust)
Remember to check timing. Polini suggest 19. To be safe I will do 18. Use the correct spark :Bosh W3AC or equivalent.
Regard the exhaust: PM evo or SIP performance.
To spend less Simonini, but loud as hell.
Run in calm for the first 1600 km.
If you can’t resist to open the trottle you will regret…

the only special thing you have to do is NOT FIT IT! dont waste your time and effort, endless reliability probs, ive bin there done that and got the t shirt, dont get me wrong fantastic power, but you will have endless lock ups!!! my personal advice is the mallossi or pinasco, malossi speaks for its self, pinasco 177(which i have used) not as punchy as the others but reliable as hell, allu cylinder, disperses heat more effiecently! but up to you,

hello,

Polini 177 is my favourite kit for PX125 - 150. You can use it just bolt on; you should get around 13hp if you use a 28 carb.
I advice you to use a 28carb with this kit since it will cool out better then with a 20si or a 24si.
If you want all this kit can give, you have to port cases the inlet port and put a racing crank or reed. With these mod. you should get around 17 - 18 hp (of course depending on the exhaust)
Remember to check timing. Polini suggest 19. To be safe I will do 18. Use the correct spark :Bosh W3AC or equivalent.
Regard the exhaust: PM evo or SIP performance.
PM evo better curve but less power. Better between 4000, 6000, after that the SIP give you more power.
To spend less Simonini, but loud as hell.
Polini exaust is not as good as the simonini and it is also LOUD.

Run in calm for the first 1600 km.

If you can’t resist to open the trottle you will regret…