Pk50xl help

Hiya , new to the forum so firstly just like to say hiya to you all.
And getting to the point i’ve got a '88 PK 50xl rush decent little bike but a bit sluggish, i’ve fitted a leovinci secsys exhaust on it and thats helped, but not enough to satisfy my need to keep up with those annoying chavs on their little plastic jap rockets, so would i be better fitting a cyclinder kit or looking for a 125 engine?
how much would going down each route cost? and would the cylinder kit be enough on its own or would i need bigger carb etc?
any help appreciated.
Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark!
Another 50 boy!!! [:dance1:] Don’t look to me for any answers, welcome anyway.
Which northstand?

So if i chucked in a 75cc or 110 cc kit, what else would i need to replace? not too bothered about making it a speed demon, just want a little bit extra to help me get away from roundabouts quicker and help me up the hills.
Cheers

Cheers boys, thanks for the replies, i’ve got an add on wellermans scooter site looking for an engine so think i may go down that route, looked around on scootertrader and e-bay but some of the prices are just plain daft, cheaper to buy some full bikes than just the engine !!
And Novista the Northstand is the huge MF at the Yankee stadium, oops i mean Old Trafford.

…and when you change the cranckshaft just be carefull to get the one with the right oil seal and bearing size to fit to your engine (20/20mm cone).

if it this is what you are looking after go for either a Polini 102 or a Pinasco 102 with a 19/19 carb and 24/72 gearing with a Polini "snail " exhaust or the classic banana.
The Polini will give you more power the Pinasco will last much longer.

to take your capacity to 125 or above you would need.

kit (& there’s loads to choose from)
longer stroke crank
longer cylinder studs
gear up kit
bigger carb
& I haven’t looked but i am suspecting the pk 50 exhaust is smaller than the 125 version.

a straight engine swap maybe a cheaper option, if you take a look on „scootertrader“ etc

Original von northstandhero: Cheers boys, thanks for the replies, i've got an add on wellermans scooter site looking for an engine so think i may go down that route, looked around on scootertrader and e-bay but some of the prices are just plain daft, cheaper to buy some full bikes than just the engine !! And Novista the Northstand is the huge MF at the Yankee stadium, oops i mean Old Trafford.

Seen it, from the opposite side, an as you look, to the left…