PK50 S, 75cc kit

Can anyone tell me about kits for my pk50 s, as all the 75 kits, on the sip site (products), do not include my scoot (in the tech tips), are these being updated or can i never travel faster than 25mph…?
[:(]

hello,

vespa PKs and PKxl you can use the same kit for vespa small frame. Just when you order the manifold and exhaust specify it is for pk.
So you have a lot of choices!

PKhp a little different, is the one that has electronic ignition.

…if I’m wrong somebody correct me please.[:roll:]

Original von curare: ... I red better again and I saw you wrote this loose of power is an intermittent thing... check the float and valve jet. Sometimes the valve get loose and fool the float, but if it starts to unscrew it won't get better...sooner or later will be worse. In this case what can I say... you said electricis good...so try to check all the things I have previously said and then will see.

I’ll check the manifold on the weekend hopefully. No Garage.

Original von curare: To understand better: what kind of loss of power you have?

it is like the impression the engine is running too reach and can get to rev higher.

Edited your quote.^^ Then it starts to die, an sounds like it’s flooding.

Also i forgot to add before the carb is a 16/15, i thought the standard carb for a PK50 S was a 16/10, would this make any difference?

Also to add to the previous post it runs fine with half/full choke, i don’t lose any power from the throttle.

Cheers for all your help so far!

Original von curare: ...for your problem start checking your manifold is well tight the air filter. It seams like that as an air leak but you know at distance... [:roll:]

As a noob curare your gonna have to bear with me on this.

Cleaned carb out, my air filter housing is cracked, still getting the same problem.
Do you mean where the manifold attaches to engine?
Also the loss of power is an intermitent thing, normally starts off o.k. and then loses power when i give it throttle, sometimes. Then it’d be cool, then it would go again. Still it’s fine on half choke?

Got myself a new spark, still sparking fine.

Any help!?

… I red better again and I saw you wrote this loose of power is an intermittent thing… check the float and valve jet. Sometimes the valve get loose and fool the float, but if it starts to unscrew it won’t get better…sooner or later will be worse. In this case what can I say… you said electricis good…so try to check all the things I have previously said and then will see.

To understand better:
what kind of loss of power you have?
It is like a hole, or it is like the impression the engine is running too reach and can get to rev higher.

Please try to be as precise as you can.

[H]

hello,

… I did some pk in the past , I am 95% sure of what I said, the only problem are the years passed and memory sometimes plays funny games. You could go for a polini 75 or 102. With 75 you can stay with standard gearing ratio, but if you go 102 you have to upgear.

…for your problem start checking your manifold is well tight the air filter. It seams like that as an air leak but you know at distance…

[:roll:]

…I said to either change the main jet or replace the air filter since if before everything was ok and now you loose power when you open this happen when for a reason or another the mix is too lean, it means you have a power hole because too much air is getting in. [H]

Original von curare: ...if I'm wrong somebody correct me please.[:roll:]

Cheers curare, currently waiting to see if your wrong?

On my way home last night, my scoot decided to lose a lot of power (top whack of know, 15 mph, torque is for shit, 25mph seemed very fast!), in every gear, i gave it some choke, an it was fine.
I changed the fuel to unleaded the night before as i could still get hold of lead replacement, until then.
I checked the spark when i got home, it’s looking very dark brown, i’ll get a new one as soon as poss to see if it’s the prob (this weekend), but it’s sparking nicely, anyone got any clues?

hello.

So if I understood well now your scoot run well with choke or if not using choke it loose power.

change the filter
or put a bigger main jet.

Check the manifold is thigt on the engine case and the carb well in place.

If after all the problem still there take the carb off and check the float, the valve jet, the fuel valve has to be well screwed in if not will fool the float, and the valve needle has to moove freely.

If problem still there contact again, but if I understood well and you check well I think you will sove it.

[:roll:]

Original von curare: hello, ... I did some pk in the past , I am 95% sure of what I said, the only problem are the years passed and memory sometimes plays funny games. You could go for a polini 75 or 102. With 75 you can stay with standard gearing ratio, but if you go 102 you have to upgear.

I’m just sticking with the 75 at the moment (it’s a toss up between the dr an the pollini, an the dr’s supposed to have better torque, an i can get hold of the dr from beedspeed, an they were good to me recently), cos the 110 i’m thinking of getting, eventually, means new pipe, new carb, new crank, big money!!! Seeing as i only really need the new jet for the 75, an a bit more power at the moment would do.

Original von curare: ...for your problem start checking your manifold is well tight the air filter. It seams like that as an air leak but you know at distance... [:roll:]

Could be on the right track, as i put a new rear shock in last week, so i had to move my carb, cheers curare!