Pipes for malossi 210

i have a taffspeed pipe fitted to my 210 and it wont pull top (no guts to it) i have heard that the rz right hander pulls top a lot better. has any one tried both pipes? or is there a better one to use?
the motor set up is malossi 210, modified head, t5 4th gear,cases ported, crank cut, 26mm carb with ram air filter and taffspeed pipe, timing set at 16 degrees. it will go off the clock but it pulls awful at 60 and struggles to get in the powerband in top despite thrashing it to 65 in 3rd before changing up. its been dynoed at 18.5 bhp but that means sod all if it wont pull it on the road[:dance2:]

will that still be ok even though i have a ram air filter instead of the normal air hose?[?[]

hello,

I DON’T REMEMBER WELL the timing I have set when I had a Malossi 210 but I think 16 is not the correct one.
Please ask somebody that has got one now or more recently then I had.
I think with correct timing and a 30 carb without eavy mod. you should get 21hp easily.
I say you should because I don’t know your set up, my one was much eavier (reed, longstroke, 34 …)

[:roll:]

hello,

sorry gp200, last one was for king kong. [:sleep:]

I had a scorpion exhaust (similar power curve) fitted to my malossi kitted 210 with ported casings/mod crank and T5 4th.

After a year of messing about with different clutch drives and tyres to alter the gear ratio and still getting nowhere, I tried a mate’s simonini and couldn’t believe the improvement it made.
It may not have the top end of the expansion 2-3mph in 4th, but it sure made up for it with its willingness to pull 4th and it was quicker through the gears without having to thrash it.

Something to think about?

P.S. Know anybody wants to buy a scorpion!

Mark.[:shock1:]

hello,

between SIP evo and RZ right hand is really a question of taste.

For me it would be decisive if I want to keep the spare tire (possible only with RZ) or if I want a little less loud (SIP)
I have both exhausts and I prefer them both surely in comparison to Taffspeed but between them there is not a real winner.
Maybe a little better RZ on high rpm and SIP at low, medium low…

hello,

I have tried them and what I saw in my dyno I found true on the road.
Taffspeed has a little more power but less torque but most of all it has a power hole in the midium high rpm(if I remember well between 4500 and 6500) before getting up again for a narrow spread.
RZ right hand has a beautifull curve lot of torque means much better drivebility. For me is the best exhaust for 200 with SIP.
SIP is stonger at low rpm and is left hand means good bye spare tyre.

hello again,

remember that if you have a bigger tire your ground clearence will be bigger, but since your gearing will be effected I don’t think will be a good idea with your set up. It will be too long. You won’t be happy.

I will stay with standard size; if you whant to change tires go larger not bigger diameter, and I just will be more carefull when going down sidewalks and similar.

i dont want to go down the road of fitting a 30mm carb.the timing was set at 16 degrees when it was dynoed at taffspeed otherwise it was pinking. what i need to know now is which exhaust will be better the right hand rz or the sip evo?;D

has any one got any idea for jetting of a si26mm carb using the above set up with a rz right hand pipe?;D

with a 26mm carb try a130-132 main jet.sip right hand pipe is a fukkin corker for 210’s.similar to a pitone.pulls well bottom middle and top.change the emulsion tube and atomiser to 190/be5 for better air flow giving better pull.

final set up is 120 main jet
be5 and 150 air jet and emulsion tube
air filter with no holes drilled and a sip right hand pipe.
standard electric start flywheel with the timing set at 17 degrees.
off the clock and a better spread of power. no lack of pull in the change up between 3rd and 4th like the taffspeed pipe gave me.
plug chops done at different throttle openings and all of them coming out a nice chocolatey colour each time.[:D]

hello,

jetting is always depende nt on the engine, temperature, altitude can give different result.

If with your taffspeed your engine runs nicely you shouldn’t be too different with the RZ.

Try it the way it is. Then adjust depending how engine behave.