Offending noise from sip pipe

Greetings everyone, recently I had purchased a second hand sip special tune pipe by Jim Lomas the exhaust guru, after installing it , in a instant the power and torque increase dramatically which was great and expecting it, since almost everyone that has a vespa photo in the sip catalog has installed . anyway ,my biggest problem is the offending noise it create , really annoying to the neighbor, my question is , does the sip pipe really that noisy? Is there other ways to tone down the noise it produce or is this really the character of sip pipe knowing some of you are based in U.K. , you have a law that retrict noise pollution , good thing you can use the sip pipe in your coiuntry?, I would really appreciate to all who would repond to my question, I really like the preformance of the pipe but not the NOISE , thank you and goodday to all vespie[H]

Greetings everyone, thank you for your suggestion, I have try to change the fiber insert and, it sure tone down the noise, [:smile:]

I guess I have missed out on something here…

What do you do when you „repack“ the exhaust???

Do you remove the rivets om the muffler and open it and put some stuff into it…???

Greetings everyone, yes you have to take the rivet off and take out the glass fiber inside and change the glass fiber insert with a new onw, base on my experience the yellow colered glass fiber has a softer and bassier sound to it. hope this info will help you. long live the wasp. goodday

I guess I have missed out on something here…

What do you do when you „repack“ the exhaust???

Do you remove the rivets om the muffler and open it and put some stuff into it…???

Hehe…
I have recently fitted a SIP performance exhaust to my Pinaco 213 kit, and I must say that the sound is really LOUD!!! I have also heard a few other scooters with SIP pipes, and sound is defenitely the same, so I guess it’s supposed to be like that!!

I dont think it is possible to alter the sound of the exhaust without losing power…

If it is really a problem, you could consider the SITO Plus exhaust… I guess they are a bit quiterer…???

Good Luck!