Nuts and bolts for Bitubo Classic YZV rear shock on VNB5

Hi,

I've just purchased a Bitubo Classic YZV rear shock for my VNB5.

It appears that I need a new top nut (the old one doesn't fit with this shock) and that the new lower shock screw/bolt I purchased (M9x65mm, shock absorber) is not long enough.

Can anyone point me to the right bits I need to get back on the road?

Cheers,

Ron.

Hello roncrump,

No distance nut used with this absorber, you should mount it directly to the silent block. The screw should be item code 87410000.

Cheers,

Martin

[quote user="Martin-SIP"]

No distance nut used with this absorber, you should mount it directly to the silent block. The screw should be item code 87410000.

[/quote]

Great. But that still leaves the top nut question. It appears to need a 9x1.25 nut (and associated washers). What is the article number for these? A search for "rear shock top nut" (constrained by scooter model) only shows up article number: 20008000, which is an M8x8mm nut.

Cheers,

Ron.

Martin,

Following a chat with the mechanic doing the fitting, with the aid of your reply and an exploded diagram, everything is good. There was some confusion on the part of the mechanic as to how bits went together (it had been a long time since he had done a scooter shock and his memory failed him). All clear now.

Thanks for the help.

Is this an appropriate place to suggest that getting some longer lower rear shock bolts manufactured would be good? The stock one is barely long enough with the Bitubo shock; you couldn't get a split washer and nut on there. I presume this would be the same for the rest of the Bitubo range too.

Ron.

A little bit more info:

The thread for the top nut seems to require a 9x1.25 nut, plus 9mm split washer and flat washer.

The bottom of the shock is wider than the previous one, and the new screw/bolt is not long enough to allow a nut and split washer.

Thanks Martin.

I will pass on the info to the mechanic and see what he says.

Looks like I had the right screw/bolt, shouldn't there be room for both a washer and a nut?

Cheers,

Ron.