Newbe questions about vespa

Hello, im new vespa user so i have some questions.
I have buy the new model of the px 125 (i think its millenium) and after watch some products of the web im a bit confused.

I wanted to change the horncover to a roundshape form, is there any products here? wich one will fit in my model?

I want to change the seat for 2 single seats, do they fit all on my model? need i more things to install them or is everything in the package?

I have make 2000 km… the guy of the shop didnt tell me anythigng… have i to check something like motor oil or something like that?

Wellm sorry for such a stupids questions… im new…

Thanks.

Original von lugosi:

I want to change the seat for 2 single seats, do they fit all on my model? need i more things to install them or is everything in the package?

Hi, the seat:
Single saddle PX, rear

Art.-No. 24104400

appears to have three 8 mm holes that corespond with the three M8 treads at the end of your bike, two of them secure the fuel-tank. you will need:
3 off M8 x 25 lg, hex. head screws, and 3 washers.

For the front seat, use existing screws.

Leif

[:dance1:] [:dance1:]

hello and welcome,

first of all check the oil, (for the mix) I am sure you will need it after 2000km.
It is a good idea to change the gear oil too.

The horncover:

you could use a T5 one.

Seat: I don’t know about the two single seat, I am sorry…

As for horn casting you can get vintage style ones to bolt on, along with vintage style panels, and possible mudguard. Not sure who makes them but I have seen a mini-article at the front of scootering in the new products bit, a couple of months ago, and more recently an advert.

Not sure if SIP stock them. They might only be available from the manufacturers, and I am not sure if they are plastic steel or fibreglass.

Sorry for the lack of detail, if I can hunt it down I will post again, otherwise someone with a better memory than me may be able to add to this.

Jim

Regarding;

http://www.retrovesp.co.uk/

Why not just remove your engine and turn your scooter upside down and use it as a boat?

Use mastic and fibreglass to plug any leaks.
You can use the remains of your sidepanels as oars or whores for what they’re worth.

Grimesy[:D]

Don’t go there.

Buy the horncover if you must but you can buy genuine VBB panel’s for less,mudgaurd’s to but they’ll need a bit of work.Possibley the mudgaurd from the kit too.Avoid the panel’s at all costs,you need to butcher you origional’s and glue the outer’s on.

It’s a f…ng joke.[:angry:]

Horncovers-As Curare said the T5 one will fit,as will MK1 p range or any PK model.

Single seats-I’ve seen them elsewhere so I presume SIP will stock them.Do a search on seats.[;)]

Yeah that did suprise me too, especially for the price. I suppose it’s to make it easier with the electrics etc…

They are GRP too, is that fibreglass or plastic? Mind you a PX horn cover is plastic anyway.

It suggested using a couple of blocks of wood to attach the horncover too, not as bad as cutting your existing panels down.

Jim

Found it.

http://www.retrovesp.co.uk/

Cheers

Jim