New Vespa measuring can for oil mix - Survey

Hey people, we want to bring out a measuring container that has a clever scale and is easy to use. With its screw cap, the POLINI measuring container is already very good. But we are not really happy with the many scales that might confuse people. 90% of the scooterists use the 1:50 scale, right? And the vintage Vespa riders will need the 1:25 scale. That should be about it.

So we thought of using a 250ml measuring container with a leak-proof screw cap. We have two versions in mind:

1. Scale from top to bottom (declining). Function: You carry an additional bottle of oil with you and use the container as a measuring cup. I.e.: You fill your tank up with 6l of fuel, fill the oil in the measuring container up to the 6l mark and pour the oil into you tank.

2. Scale from bottom to top. Function: You fill the measuring cup completely full = 250ml and leave your big bottle of oil at home, which is good as you rarely have enough room for it onboard. So, say you  fill your tank up with 6l of fuel, you take the container and pour oil from it into the tank until the oil level reaches the container’s 6l mark. You will need to calculate a bit at the next refueling stop, if you have not completely refilled the measuring container before.

Here’s a mockup of the two versions:

[quote user="fajes"]

I would put both scales on a side. so you can use one side as a measuring cup and the other side if you'd use a topped up bottle.

cheers,

Stefan

[/quote]

i agree with fajes. why not both? and why not add two more scales (gallons) for those of us idiots in the usa? [;)] calculate twice at the next stop... argh.

later... heggie

have you thought about putting the numbers in reverse order to read well when they emptied the bottle?

I would put both scales on a side. so you can use one side as a measuring cup and the other side if you'd use a topped up bottle.

cheers,

Stefan

ok, after quite a while we can now announce the all new SIP mixing c

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/DE/Products/12195901/Messbecher+SIP+.aspx 

Following all your suggestions, we now come up with a simple design. Scale 1:50 and scale 1:25 for oldies, plus an universal mililiter-scale - finish!

This come comes with a twisted caps and is absolutely seal - so you can use it also as a small and tiny oil container to go.

We hope you´ll love it!