Malossi T5 Info

I am about to get a Malossi kit for my T5 i have a few questions
Is the timing different to standard
What sort of modifications do i need to do to the engine cases etc,
( I will be using an expansion pipe but keeping the standard carb)
If i just bolt it on will it be noticably better or worse.

And finally the big one has anyone discussed which pipe is best for the T5, I was thinking of either a scorpian or the new revvy sip one.

I am sorry if these qusetions have been answered before.

Cheers
Andy

Dont worry about the crank - standard will be fine.
I used to have the same setup with a simonini and it used to go like a rocket , sito plus isnt a bad pipe but sounds awfull.
If you are going to keep the simonin on it , it would be worth changing your clutch for a cosa type as this will give you more top end.
I also found that by putting a bigger expansion pipe on that you get problems with hills and head winds when using the cosa clutch . So if you upgrade your pipe its probably worth keeping the standard clutch.
I found a 122 main jet worked well.
Got there in the end !!!

Hi Andy
the timing is the same, no mods to the engine case and i would go for a Scorpion pipe with a main jet of 125. Also you best putting in a reinforced clutch plate kit. It will be noticably a lot better on pulling power and speed
Richie

ps you will have to get the head milled to the bigger bore

WHAT ABOUT MODIFICATIONS TO THE CRANK, DO THEY NEED DOING WHEN KEEPING THE STANDARD CARB.
jUST AS A MATTER F INTEREST I AIM T USE EITHER A SITO PLUS OR SIMMININI PIPE FOR THE TIME BEING. wHICH ONE WOULD BE BEST AND WHAT SORT OF JETTING WOULD I NEED.

CHEERS

ANDY