Malossi 2% or 3% 0il

HI there i have a Vespa T5 with malossi kit simonini pipe the rest of the engine is standard i am running the scooter with the autolube 2% oil do i need to add 1% in the tank so scooter is running on 3%. Taffspeed and beedspeed said 2% ok bedlam and kegra said use 3% please help as i am confused thanks GARY

3 % WITH A GOOD OIL AS MALOSSI SAID

I ran 3% when running in as a precaution with Castrol TTS oil and no problems or jet changing and continued adding the extra 1% for a few tanks afterwards but went back to autolube only with no change pretty quickly. I am running on Putoline Strawberry Scented at the mo(which i used to run on anyway and all my mates use) with no ill effects and lovely smell to boot(well wasps and bees seem to dig it anyway)
:shoot1:[:dance3:]

Thanks will try running with just autolube hope it will be ok Gary[:look:] [:drink:]

Use 2% with the autolube but make sure it is good quality oil. You can add 1% in the tank if you wish but you will have to increase the size of main jet by one grade as it may run weak. My machine runs fine with the autolube and I use fully synthetic go-cart racing oil.

I ran 3% when running in as a precaution with Castrol TTS oil and no problems or jet changing and continued adding the extra 1% for a few tanks afterwards but went back to autolube only with no change pretty quickly. I am running on Putoline Strawberry Scented at the mo(which i used to run on anyway and all my mates use) with no ill effects and lovely smell to boot(well wasps and bees seem to dig it anyway)
:shoot1)[:dance3:]

I actually read it in my Rally 200 owners manual… that the auto-lube system delivers between 1 and 3% depending on throttle opening and engine speed. This makes sense too if you look at how the accelerator cable hooks up to both the slide and the oil pump.

I’m running my malossi 210 with a 60mm crank, and chamber on pure autolube.

i measured how much oil it used over 1 litre in the oil tank (while premixing as well) and it averaged out to 3.5%. In other words, it may run at 1 or 2% sometimes, but it runs at 4 or 5% at other times.

I recently rode over 1000km non stop around my country, with no probs at all

cher

The autolube system doesn’t deliver a fixed 2% of oil. The drive for the oil pump is attached to the end of the crank so it will vary depending on revs etc. Therefore at the times when you need it most it is delivering up to 3% anyway…so I would say don’t add any extra, just use the good stuff.

Hey Gaz7
Alittle story for you, i was using just autolube 2% with my mally i was using castrol TT which iv always used, had no probs with it at all for 10 months covered over 5000 miles with it untill the autolube decided to block up, which u can imagine what happened, massive seizure. The seizure was so bad that i couldnt get the cylinder re-nicasil coated, which was a shame, had to buy a new mally kit
So what i`m saying is put the extra 1% in the tank mate.
Cheers
Andy

Yes Dylan that is correct, I’ve taught you well :wink:

[H] ive had autolube probs in the past which isnt very nice when your goin down a road then all of a sudden you can see your rear light beside you.mad mad sieze.ever since then, a few years now i pre mix.bin the auto lube and pre mix.yea it mite be a pain in the ass fillin up but you no evrything is goin to be rite,its up to you but also remember too much oil can be just as bad as too little.[;)]

The oil i am useing is silkolene pro scoot fully synthetic the main jet is the 122 that came with the kit i should have said in the post i have been putting 1% oil in tank as well as using autolube. would like to use just autolube as this is less hassle when fillling up GARY

Silkoline is fine with the autolube at 2%, just dont use mineral oil.