Mallossi rattlesnake

just shelled out on 172 kit ,goes like sh***t of a chrome plated shovel, but rattles like something unholy and evil, bought a mallossi kit back in 87 for my px125 and lo and behold that rattled as well. Am i being singled out by mr mallossi for rattle persecution or is this a common fault, and if so what the hell is it. Seen various posts with similar problems but haven’t yet seen a solid answer [:drink:]

no probs gaz just testin[:smokin:]

Original von stubbsy:
i had the same on a polini 177 kit. turned out to be piston slap.changed all the bearings still the same. ?is it like a metallic rattle as if the barrel is hittin the fly wheel and is more notacible at slower speeds and on take off and would disapear at high speeds as the piston expands with the heat?

square light t5s are the dogs balls

yeah thats it m8 seems to dissapear at high revs, pretty shady though on a brand new piece of precision engineering, but looks aas though mine aint the only "rattler" [:itchy:]

Just saying that if you take the flywheel cover off it does sound quieter because the vibartion from the engine seems to echo in the flywheel cover i am not saying i ride it with out the cover i do know that the cover is there to aid cooling of the engine all ways keep it on so what i was saying is do not worry about the engine rattle it seems to be common on the mallossi kits as far as i know Gary[:rotate:] [:rolleyes:]

Hi had two mallossi kits in my mark one T5 replaced bearings when i put both kits in rattled both times . The scooter runs ok never had any problems clocked up 13 000 with first kit now on 3000 with second kit so i would say dont worry my mate has a 210 mallossi that rattles as well on mine if you take fly wheel cover of not so loud i think the engine is vibrating more because the is more power there than when standard . I stand to be corrected on this Gary[:dance3:] [:dance1:]

i had the same on a polini 177 kit. turned out to be piston slap.changed all the bearings still the same. ?is it like a metallic rattle as if the barrel is hittin the fly wheel and is more notacible at slower speeds and on take off and would disapear at high speeds as the piston expands with the heat?

if you take the flywheel cover off the engine will not cool properly.