lack of power

Took my PK100S out yesterday for about a 3 or 4 mile trip. Half way round the power started to diminish and I eventually had to stop. Tried Kickstarting it, but wouldn’t start. Eventually opened up the petrol tank, just to make sure it wasn’t empty, closed it and re-kickstarted and it fired up. Why would this lack of power happen, how can I prevent it and why did it restart when I opened up the petrol tank?

All help muchly appreciated

Savo
[:(]

I think that the storage under the seat is more connected with lack of air into the carb,but it sure sounds like the tank breather to me.:shoot1:[:dance3:]

As was mentioned, the gas cap should have a hole in the top of it to allow air into the tank and keep the tank de-pressurized. This is likely blocked and is creating a vaccum that does not allow gas into the fuel line. Try using a piece of wire to clean this hole out.

J.

IT AS BEEN KNOW THAT IF YOU STORE THINGS UNDER YOUR SEAT IT WILL BLOCK THE HOLE IN THE TOP OF THE PETROL CAP TRY REMOVE SUCH ITEMS AND SEE IF IT HAS ANY EFFECT[:rolleyes:] [:smokin:]

Sounds like it could be a partially blocked fuel tank vent.