Hey everyone! Well pretty new to this forum, and to be quite honest, new to scooter's as well. I hope I have the right section. I managed to get my hands on a 1998 Jog-r 50 with 5km's on it for 50 bucks....awesome deal, couldn't pass it up!! It is mint. So I got thinking about modification. I have been doing a lot of reading and research on how to juice this thing up under a decent budget, which means good reliable mid range parts. I don't need or want the best of the best, just what will be the best for my riding needs. I have a parts list, but a few items I am completely unsure about. I want to make it a reliable daily rider, but it needs some gonads at the same time! Any help, part suggestions, tips, tricks, money saving ideas would all be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! =) I want to make this thing my own..gonna be a nice project, and hopefully this thread, you guys, and S.I.P, will help me make it sick!
Im going to document this build, post pic's, and keep this thread updated
So..on with the parts...well..the mechanical aspect...
- Malossi Racing cylinder 68cc - http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Products/M317083/Racing+cylinder+68cc+MALOSSI.aspx
- Yasuni scooter Z exhaust - http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Products/YA901CK/Racing+exhaust+Scooter+Z.aspx
OR (help me choose the better suited for a 70cc =)
- Carburetor's ..I have no clue what to look for in one... 17.5mm or a 19mm ?? Automatic choke? Manual choke? ..I need help
- Variators and rollers.... Polini super speed variator kit - http://en.scooter-attack.com/index2.php?lang=e
- Clutch...will the stock clutch suffice? Or will just changing the springs be alright?
- Gearing..change the primary, secondary, or both? and what ratio's would be good? I have found these
- Primary gearing Malossi 17/40 - http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Products/M677324/Primary+gearing+MALOSSI+1740.aspx
-Primary gearing Malossi 15/41 - http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Products/M677014/Primary+gearing+MALOSSI+1541.aspx
- Secondary gearing Polini - http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Products/P2021330/Secondary+gearing+POLINI.aspx
- Crank - Not sure what to look for in a decent one
I think that covers the very beginnings of my tuning venture's..If there is anything
I have missed..please don't hesitate to let me know!
Thanks a lot guys, hope to start this up fairly soon! And make some good contacts here in the Forums...