Introduction

Hello.

I'd just like to introduce myself to the forum.

I have an 81' Vespa p80x/px80. I live in the states (Chicago, IL) and apparently this scoot was never imported here. Needless to say finding info and parts is kind of difficult. I bought the bike in California, and it's in pretty good shape.

But, the last time I rode her around, she was leaking a lot of fluids. I plan on starting an engine rebuild soon, and hopefully this forum will be a good place for information. I bought a repair manual for small frame vespas, but I'm not too sure if this scooter is indeed considered a small frame?

Anyways, here's a couple photos of the scooter.

Welcome dude

nice scoot, if you got any questions dont be shy to ask !

cheers

Hi ,

In terms of a repair manual you need either a Haynes Manual for PX / T5 etc or an official Piaggio Workshop Manual ( I have spare Offical manuals about to go on eBay if that helps).

The 80cc version is a bit of a rarity but is mechanically similar to the 125cc P125X, bodywork and chassis are identical. The bike is in lovely original condition though , enjoy !

Hello Justin,

Welcome to this forum, good to see some US customers around. You can buy a manual in English here:

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/DE/Products/98990000/Buch+PXT5+Workshop+Manual.aspx

Other than that you are always welcome to post your questions here and see whether your fellow forum users can answer them. Ah, by the way, all PX Vespas are Largeframes, Smallframes are models such as the V50, PK or 125 Primavera.

Cheers,

Martin