Information on spanish motovespa 200 ds engine

Hi

I've just got hold of a spanish motovespa 200 ds which i only found out when ran the engine number.  My problem is what parts fit thi engine, ie p200 etc.  I have tried to find out any info on what engine parts fit the motovespa 200ds which all I seem too have found out is it is close to the italian p200e engine.  If any one has had one of theses spanish engines and could tell me if there are any sites or could help in telling me what model parts will fit the 200ds engine.  Thanks for reading and any help would be greatfull.  the engine number is 9ds 500090

My mail is [email protected]

-

Hi again.

Sorry I was wrong, becouse the DS was the first one and the 200 DL the second one.

Congratulations for you 200DS, You are right, the 200 DS was the second 200cc serie produced by Motovespa in Spain and this engine is the same than P200E.

Kind regards.

Quique

Thanks for your reply, I do find that the spanish engines do have a bit more in them power wise....So when buying parts would all p200e parts fit the 200ds engine.  If possible has any one got any info on the electric stator and coil diagram or any 200ds engine specs.  As i need some parts ie: head and fly wheel cover, also trying to find any information on converting to a non femsa fly wheel.  Thanks again Quique

[quote user="Quique"]

Congratulations for you 200DS, You are right, the 200 DS was the second 200cc serie produced by Motovespa in Spain and this engine is the same than P200E.

Kind regards.

Quique

[/quote]

Hi Quique ...and What is the first 200cc serie produced by motovespa in Spain????

Penny.

Quique, creo que el segundo es el DN!!!![;)]

thank you penny the information that you gave me about the electrics was very helpfull.  I can not email you as I have not got your email address.  The one thing I would like to change on my 200DS, is the crank and stator.  What information I need is which model of vespa parts fit the  200DS, can it be converted from femsa to ducati.  Hope reading my english is ok, if you send me a email address I can tell you more about my engine and which parts I need.  Thank you for the diagram of electrics were very helpfull. darren

Why you would like to change this parts? Are this parts broken? Your vespa work no good? Just in this case you have to change, but you can put just the electrical parts, LEVISTRONIC (the new stator for change the old FEMSATRONIC) , in this way you don't ned to change all the stuff and your vespa will remain the second FASTER Vespa never produced (the first is Rally) .

Is faster that other's 200 Ducati because this electrical sistem and because this flywheel is lighter.

This is what the spanish scooterists says.

The first model in Spain is 200 DS, (without light indicator, handlebar one piece, Femsa electronic group, speedo trapezoidal...), the second is 200DN, (With light indicator, speedo rounded...)the electric system from Ds is very bad when is broke, and is difficult find the same piece (Femsa factory is close) Levistronic is the other option but the quality is lower. Not is possible put Ducati system because the engine cassing is diferent...I hope I´ve helped...

Electrical diagram:

http://www.vespaclubjaen.es/portal/files/posted_images/user_2_vespa_p_200_e_esquema_electrico.jpg

If you contact me by email y can get you more informations about this model and were you can buy the parts, but you have to bee patient, y speak a very bad english! Im from Italy an y have a 200DS to, from Spain.

Penny.