hp4

hi , has anybody else had problems with a hp4 flywheel causing miss-firing at high revs?? am I just unlucky cos its definitely that. cheers…

Thanks for that but I`ve had an e mail back from sip letting me know that all hp4 flywheels were manufactured wrong aith the timing out by 5-12 deg . therefore you need to set them up with a pistol . I wonder how many other people know this???[:(]

Yes the hp4 makes rev like a bastard , but (1) it sounds funny??? (2) the lights dim significantly if you indicate at the same time (3) Tickover is lumpy/ fast obviously (4) as i now know the timing is out on them…I have rebuilt my clutch previously to fitting it and i dont do much town riding anyway. It wouldnt last long if I did…

I’ve had misfiring at low revs but not high. I checked the torque on the nut was sufficient, cleaned plu,jets and filter and its been fine since. How olds your HT Lead ?

I’ve had misfiring at low revs but not high. I checked the torque on the nut was sufficient, cleaned plu,jets and filter and its been fine since. How olds your HT Lead ?

good old sip eh!pitty they didnt tell you that when you bought it!customer care as good as ever