How fast standard T5 classic

I ride a T5 Classic all standard, how fast should it go & what minor modifications can I make to help up hills & into winds ??? [:drink:]

OK, (try the decaff Scooterraider…no one is shooting at ya) The list speed for a T5 is 104 KMH that’s 62 Mph to normal people…and why it (just) meets the minimum requirement to pass your test on …that is factory set to ‚perfection‘ and that’s why 75mph so unbelievably fast. (BTW I took my test on a T5 classic and currently ride a T5 MK1 engined GT (the old one) mostly arse up/head down…busy screaming it in 3rd in the hope of pulling 4th)

There’s an easy way to prove how good your T5s are though: bring em on down to our clubs cannonball run (April 10th) 300 mile ‚illegal‘ road race!..With that type of performance you’ll b*** all the TS1s away especially as they’ll be stopping for a fresh tank every 30 miles. You win on a 125cc and the beers are all on me! (I melted my 172 piston trying to do that last year…but Sticky did win on that re-engineered dreadnought T5 thing of his…see write-up in scootering no.203)

70-75 standard?? c’mon the list speed is 100 (some say 104) kmh…that’s 62-65MPH.Sure thay can easily improve on that. The Malossi has more torque and will answer the immediate hills/wind thing…to reach a ‚real‘ (not ‚indicated‘) 75mph on the flat but it’ll probably need an expansion pipe as well to do so on the 24mm carb.

I agree with Michael, my T5 was regularly off the clock when standard with just a pipe on.

i had over 70 2 up on my T5 on the motorway back from woolacombe today with a sito plus pipe…

on my own it goes off the clock, and did with the standard pipe too…

and i was just sitting normally, no arse up or any other crap…

any T5 should do 70 no probs…

Are we talking volvo T5 or Vespa T5 with 10hp, sitting up my T5 would go about 60 mph, with a malossi ( which rattles it’s tits off) and a leovinci (crap) it would still go around 60 but shit up hills and the rest, so put on a SIP pipe and now getting around 70 to 75ish but will not hold it all the time. if you can get a standard T5 to go off the clock you much be going around 80mph which is very good because a lambretta TS1 225 will go about 85 to 90 flat out with head down

i reckon alot of the arguing on this topic could be down to inconsistent scooter speedo,s lets face it they tell lies.the speedos that is.

I was thinking of buying a leovinci exhaust, would you recommend the sito. Also is the malossi reliable ??

I think the thing is that there can be a big difference between the performance of T5 engines…

Initially my T5 as standard would do a top speed of 68mph…I put a Simonini on it and upjetted it to a 112 and it would only do 60mph…I was more than a bit pissed off with that and tried everything to get it to go faster…various larger jet sizes…even considered messing with the stator plate…My T5 doesn’t like Simonini pipes.

I’ve now got a SIP performance pipe on it now and it’ll do 75mph…some of my mates have got Simoninis fitted and swear by em…so I think it’s all a bit hit and miss.[:drink:]

should be able to hit 70-75 on a good road.quite simply put a Mallosi on it, you’ll spend more on pipes,clutches and carbs but I reckon a good kit is the way to go and I mean Mallosi, not the cheaper kits.
:shoot1:[:dance3:]

just to add to that, it’s my opinion that the simonini is the best of the cheaper end, and the malossi kit is very reliable.

HI THERE
WHEN I BROUGHT MY T5 STANDARD WITH A SITO PLUS PIPE IT WOULD TOP OUT AT AROUND 68MPH-I MEAN FLAT OUT!!

BUT SINCE THEN I HAVE FITTED A 172 KIT,SIP ‚PERFORMANCE‘ PIPE(NOTE THE HYPHONS!!'COSA 21 COG CLUTCH,30MM DELORTO CARB AND HAD THE ENGINE DYNO’ED AT REEDSPEED GIVING([email protected]).

FIRST THINGS FIRST[:D]ONT BUY A SIP PIPE-PANTS (BUY A TAFFY PIPE)
MY BIKE WILL PULL 65 IN 3RD,BUT CHANGE INTO TOP AND EVENTUALLY IT WILL REACH 85MPH ISH-SCREAMING ITS NUTS OUT.
THE GEARING IN A T5 WILL ONLY LET IT DO 85ISH EVEN WITH A FULL TUNED 210.WHY DO THINK THAT P2 OWNERS FIT THE T5 4TH GEAR???
I AM CONSIDERING THE MB 190 KAWASAKI KIT HAVING THE CASINGS FULLY MATCHED AND FULL CIRCLE CRANK WITH REED VALVE CARB MANIFOLD.
AS USUAL IT DEPENDS HOW DEEP YOUR POCKETS ARE
GOOD LUCK!!!1[:drink:] [:drink:] [:drink:] [:drink:] [:drink:]

How come there’s always one twat trying to shoot people down in flames? My T5 as standard was „clocked“ at 73 ON A GOOD ROAD IN GOOD CONDITIONS, I have friends who regularly go off the clock only with a sito plus on and nothing else. Have you actually ridden a T5 with your head down and arse up? probablt not.Get a life or a decent scooter and stop doubting folk who actually ride these things.
:shoot1:[:dance3:]