Having problems fitting polini exhaust

Hi All,

I am trying to fit a Polini exhaust to my PX 125. I cant seem to get the exhaust to fit onto the exhaust port/manifold, do I have to use a hammer and does one have to put the scooter on it’s side to gain access. Also on the polini there seems to be a hole neer the tail of the pipe that sits on the screw of the gear selector box, do I just sit it on there or do I take the gear selector nut off, insert then screw back on…

If anyone has fitted one of these can they talk me through it.

Thanks,

Brian.

Hi,

I’m gonny toss this Polini peice of shit…the hole on the exhaust seems as if it’s to small to fit onto the exhaust port on the scoot.

I have a sito at the moment and it’s easy to take off and fit back on again…I have tried to force this Polini onto the exhaust port and it just wont go on…

Surely you shouldn’t have to widen the hole for it to fit?

Brian.

… yes the scooter is on its side to gain acces from the wheel side .

[:roll:]

OK,

So in order to fit the exhaust, firstly you start with trying to line up the exhaust with the tail hole and exhaust port, then hammer in the tail hole onto gearselector nut and screw then proceed onto hammering the bottom of the exhaust so it fits onto the port, then srew in the pin to hold the exhaust on at the let hand side of the scoot.

Cheers,

Brian.

PS when hammering on holre onto the selector box I am intending to have the hole sit on just the screw or further on so that it sits on the actual nut?

hello,

yes, sometimes it is hard. To make it easier
you can
make the hole at the tail of the exhaust a little bigger so you have
about
half cm to play with;
you shouldn’t touch the selector box since it is
the bolt at the base of the selector box. Then you need something to hammer that bolt so it will pass through the hole of the exhaust tail. Sometimes it can be a little hard but don’t worry.
…I wonder if I made myself clear…

hello,

I have already told you that you should make the hole a little larger to make it rasier to fit.
It is not necessary to make it larger, generally I don’t do it, but if you make it larger it is much easier.
Of course in comparison with the standard exhaust that you can take out or put in like a glove…
…it takes more patience and you should force it, if you are not that experienced maybe if a friend of yours will help you to push the exhaust to centre the hole where the bolt have to pass, it will be even easier.

… yes the scooter is on its side to gain acces from the wheel side .

…it must sit on the nut, that of course you have to unsrew and then screw on the hole exhauste tail.

if you look at the bracket at the rear you will see that it is actually made up of 2 brackets. cut the outter one off, yes i know, but this will make it much more easier to fit,and still the strength needed. MAKE SURE THIS BRACKET IS BOLTED TO SELECTOR BOX OR YOUR BRAND NEW POLLINI WILL LAST NO MORE THAN A WEEK!!cause it will break where it is welded to the chamber[:)]