GS160 mark I

I have a Vespa GS 160 mark I in which the steering lock key has broken off in the lock, does anyone out there know how I can get the lock out of the frame without using an angle grinder aand cutting it out???
Also if anybody has a pair of cheap rusty, dented, condition-not- important GS160 side-panels left over after a restoration with new or other panels let me know as I dont have any. I also have a Piatti scooter (English model) and Im looking for a complete headlight with mounting…

Hello,

you`ve to put of the handle bar and than you will find a small screw (attention: anti-clockwise-threat, I hope you know what I mean)between all the wires and the cables at the inner side of the lock and than you will got the lock off and every good key-service could do a new key for this old lock for less money!

GS160 side panels are very rear and expensive and we don`t have them in stock!

Markus[:bounce:] [:bounce:] [:bounce:]

I´ll send you an email containing pictures of them… than we talk about the rest…

Marcel

Engine cowls are the metal housings surroundings for the flywheel and cilinder screwed to the engine, side panels are the large beautiful round metal bodyparts covering the engine on the right hand side and the spare wheel on the left hand side of the scooter. Engine cowls are always rusty, dented and usually black, side panels are mostly the color of the whole scooter…
I desperatly hope you have a pair of side panels for me because I have no use for engine cowls…
Tom[:dance3:]

yeahh i did some pictures; they are still in my notebook, have to put them online; than I will post´em here…

right, markus…
I have a pair of cowls left; the come from an italien modell have some small bumps; but no cracks… The are absolutly woth to restorate them…

Just tell me where are you located at…?

Which crazy guy fixed this bloody indicators to this beautifull side panels. Shame on you Marcel[;)] [;)] [;)] [;)]

hey boy, ironing your white jacket… it was an german augsburger dipl. ing…*g

[:D] [:D] [:D]
Theyre exactly what I need, Ill take them any condition, please let me know how much you want for them (including postage if possible)…
Greetings,Tom[:dance3:]

ups…only one picture per post allowed…?

ok…here´s the other side

I live in Oostende at the coast of Belgium, I am looking for a pair of side panels, not engine cowls, rust and dents really not important as long as they are not cut down…
How much do you want for them and how much would the postage be??? [:dance3:]

[:D] [:D] [:D]
Theyre perfect! How much do you want for them? I dont want to pay silly prices, I just want something to keep my engine warm and dry. I`m not restoring this scooter for the moment.
I could fit a pair of Rally sidepanels but they look very ugly on a GS.
Greetings, Tom.
PS: Are you going to the custom show in Antwerp(Belgium) on the 3rd march…
[:dance3:]

Hey Mum, just have a translation for me…??

A picture is easier for me… smile… I have a pair like that, white paintet without that aluminium trims and without the turn signals…

I have the left and the right side… sunday I will drive down to the hall, I can post pictures in here if you want to…

Hi, Marcel
any news about those pictures or the sidepanels/cowls yet …[:D]

http://www.gs4.de/bilder/ebay/haubelinks.jpg

the machineside is near perfect…Just have a mail to talk about prices…

Marcel

aehmm in easier words: what is the difference between side panels and side cowls…???

i am talking about cowls…

I got the steering lock out, was able to remove the broken off key and had a new one made based on the broken of bit and now have a working steering lock, so thaankx very much for the advice…
Tom[:D] [:D] [:D]