Fully Kitted PX125 top speed?

Hi All,

Can anyone guess the top speed of a PX125 kitted with polini177, all porting work done, big carb, polini upgear kit and a good performance pipe?

would this rival a p200 with a bolt on cylinder kit and performance exhaust?

Thanks,

Brian.

hello

120 kmh = 75mph

When I say it is too long yes it means you need „favovorable wind“ to get there.

21/65 = 21 teeth cosa clutch + PX200 primary.

hello,

with rotative I would use the dell’orto PHBH or the keihin PWK28. It depends on your budget.

Exhaust I would use either the RZ 2000 (if you want left hand) or the RZ right hand if you want your spare or for estetic reason.

Curare,

I don’t like the polini upgear kit I find it too long. I always prefer with 177 21/65.

What do you mean by too long…do you mean it will struggle on hills and what is a 21/65

Anyway top speed, when you will be able to reach it will be around 120kmh.

Do you know what 120KMH is in MPH

Thanks,

Brian.

Curare,

If you were buliding this and you went for the polini177, cases ported and the 21/65…what kind of Carb and pipe would you buy to complete your setup.

Thanks and Regards.

Brian.

hello,

I don’t like the polini upgear kit I find it too long. I always prefer with 177 21/65.
Anyway top speed, when you will be able to reach it will be around 120kmh.
This set up will be better then just a bolt on kit for PX200.

hello,

with the upgear that I suggested you (21 teeth cosa clutch + 65 PX 200 primary) you will reach about 75mph, but the engine will get it easier.
Without any up gear it depends, if you have a „millenium“ you have a standard 20/68. With this ratio I guess you should get to 65 mph and if you change the clutch gear with a cosa 21 (of course if you have this kind ok clutch) you will get close to 70mph.

The thing is that you will get to this top speed faster and in almost any condition.

I personally would use 21/65. I think it is the right compromise.
If not with an expansion and other longer upgear kit you will struggle to get there.

Curare,

Do you know what speed the kitted 125 would do without the upgear kit?

Cheers,

Brian.

No idea but fast!
I use the upgear kit and you need it if your setup`s right.;D

Keep on scootering[:bounce:]