FOOT BRAKE

Hi Guys,

I have a question never posed before I guess. I have a 2007 Yamaha veno 50cc scoot and would like to change the front right hand brake, front wheel , to a foot brake like on the Vespa's.  Has anyone done this before, I know it sounds nuts but I would like to try it if its possible. What year Vespa brake assembly will work? what other parts would I need to make it safe and workable. I am here in the USA and can't have some of you guys stop over to help, I would buy the beer.

Thanks for your help,......Bernie 

Ok Dude, 

Please have a look on this explosion drawing, maybe this is helpfull.

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/DE/main/service/PartsCataloguesDetails.aspx?table=19cbb48f-d292-46d6-85b6-3a00c28ef1e1

cheers

Thank you my friend. The Yamaha vino 50 has a right hand brake that is for the front wheel so its real close to were I would put the new foot brake. The cable would go into the foot assembly in its front or rear, I don't know as I do not have a brake assembly. Can you if you can send me whats on a Vespa brake. I don't want to buy one till I know which one will work. If someone has a picture or diagram of one it would help or a new or used one here in the US I would buy it to work on this project. I would love a picture of the underneath of a Vespa brake to see how it works. Any and all help is appreciate.

Thanks guys,....Bernie 

oh [:S]

you´re right - it doesnt works !

ok:

go to explosion drawings and the choose vespa smallframe / vespa modell / v50 / and it opens all the explosion drawings

cheers

Thanks again, but I still can't do it. Im think I will move on and stop buging you.  I guess I can learn to live with the hand brakes.

Can't stop Bernie.......

Hi ..

I think everything is possible on your scooter, its only about time , money and your skills. It´s a little bit hard for me to help you in this question because i dont know anything about your scooter.

But the parts that you maybe could use would be the hole - Rear Brake stuff for Vespa Smallframe.

Like the Brake pedal, the wire and the brake drum if it fits on your rear axis.

cheers.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the link but I could not open it. I still need help on the parts that will work to do this switch if any of you have done such a thing with your brakes. Any help is welcome.

Best Regards,....Bernie/vino50