Fitting Bitubo shocks to T5 Millenium

Please help… I recently bought some new Bitubo adjustable shocks (fron and rear) for my T5 Millenium which has the fully hydraulic disc brake. I am have problems fitting the front one, the bottom of the shock hits the speedo cable cover, what can I do?
Also is the rear shock easy to fit, do I need to remove the petrol tank or is there an easier way to change the shock, will it use the same fasteners as the standard shock.
[:angry:] [:dance3:] [:smile:] [:dance1:]

You will have to undo the screw for your speedo cable, remove the cable take out the retaining plate & grind down one side until it fits. I’ve just had to do it myself. As for the rear you will have to remove the petrol tank & yes it does use the same fittings as standard
Cheers Spot & Sam

there’s no way i’m paying 2 grand for a bike not to use it!i’m totally rustproofing it(bare frame stripdown) and putting the niggly bad points by piaggio right!gonna use it for a few rallies next year. new reg no is PX 03 NEL.

not got the plate yet,reserved it thru dvla,bit pricey at 400 quid,but it adds that finishing touch to the bike,just gotta deal with the prospect of low lifes trying to nick it next!

Sound, P2 almost run in but getting horrible noise from clutch when lever pulled in, a trip to Whites is in order me thinks.T5 off road til i buy a new kickstart , just passed theory test and ready to book ridden test so may be able to ride legally pretty soon and just booked up for Brid for two nights so looking forward to that. Hows your new investment running or is it wrapped up in your gagage waiting for the eventual price hike?
:shoot1:[:dance3:]

How did you manage the reg plate? registering in Carlisle next year?

You will have to undo the screw for your speedo cable, remove the cable take out the retaining plate & grind down one side until it fits. I’ve just had to do it myself. As for the rear you will have to remove the petrol tank & yes it does use the same fittings as standard
Cheers Spot & Sam

yes,you will have to do a bit of re-designing.nice of piaggio to make these subtle changes without warning us!i’ve just found the same out on my new p2.oh,and yes changing the back shock is a bit of a swine!particularly tring to loosen the 13mm nut under the tank!tip for the day,smother everything with copper grease to prevent any future seizures!

[

sure is mate!hows tricks?

Is that nelly from Aycliffe? something about copper grease rings a bell.