feckin clutch!!!

hi all, listen need some help. old p2 motor (rally type). snatching clutch in first gear, along with a sort of screech, grinding sound as it lifts th front wheel at traffic lights. new plates, new springs! what the fuck is it cause am gettin fucked off with it!! makes you look a rite dicker head as people in cars laugh at ya! PLEASE PLEASE DONT TELL ME ITS THE CUSH- PRIMARY DRIVE SPRINGS!!! cause ive just done a complete rebuild with 1500miles on the old girl now for the new season and flyin. its the only thing that i didnt change.[:’(]

hi all, sorry virus problems with computer[:’(] doc ended up the coil that i got the loan of was a dead one! would u have believed it. anyways got her sorted, as for clutch fuck i dont no! no offence to your self slide but do no how to build a clutch., its seems to be spot on when you take it out and put back together then will gradually give the same problems, must say after an hour of constant driving it seems to be spot on, let it cool down then scretch, jump!!! fuck i dont no! think im gonna have to change the lot, basket seems ok, you got a 3 plater lyin around doc, all these tight ass fuckers over here in n.ireland wont part wif one. well better go headin for a 500 mile round trip to a rally way down south of ireland, my ass is goin ta be sore[:’(] . speak to all on monday! have an easter bunny on me[:smokin:]

Youve tried all I can think of , eceopt one. I the clutch a piaggio item? I recently bought a complete 4 plate for a lads engine, from sip. The clutch , from what I can tell is an Indian/ plastic copy part, and the steels are laser cut off-centre, the drive cog is riveted off centre, the corks are stuck on on the piss and the basket is twisted by .8 of a mm. I have emailed them twice to see if they will replace it but no replies as yet, I have always got replies when i want to spend money, and have given them plenty of time before i made it public. be aware. THERE IS ANOTHER POSSIBLE CAUSE. I had similar on a malossi long time ago, strip clutch, (again, I know) and look Very closely at the plate the cog/steels mount to, around the rivets. The steel plate cracks towards the centre hole from the rivets.

RITE GETTIN REALLY FUCKED OFF NOW[:@] BRAND SPANKIN NEW CLUTCH FROM BEEDIES CAME ON SAT, SOAKED UNTIL TUES, PUT BACK IN Y#HEY PRESTO, HAPPY DAYS! I FUCKIN DEAD ON!!! DROVE ALL DAY TUES, NO PROBLEM, TOOK TO WORK TUES NITE, NO PROBLEM, DID THE OLD NITE SHIFT, STARTED UP WED MORN SCREETCH AND A SLIGHT LURCH FORWARD, NOWHERE NEAR AS BAD AS WHAT IT WAS BUT HAVE VISIONS OF THIS £60 CLUTCH GOIN THE SAME WAY AS THE ONE IT REPLACED!!! I BET A POUND TO A PENNY IF I TAKE IT OUT AGAIN(FOR THE 10TH TIME IN 3 WEEKS) THAT THE REAR PLATES ARE DRY!!! FUCK SAKE SOME ONE HELP ME OUT HERE, Y IS THE CLUTCH DRYIN UP, IS THERE A MOD THAT CAN BE DONE TO FEED MORE OIL, REALLY THINKIN OF BURNIN THE OLD SLAG IF SHE DOESNT GET HER ACT TOGETHER[?[]

got the entire contents of my garage up for grabs for £1000 if you want it all px

Soak them in fluid for 24 hrs before putting them back in. This will sort it for a while at least but if you are not getting enough lube up there…?

Havnt heard much on your clutch,Stubbsy, hows it going. Has it been sorted, and if so, what did ya find?

still no joy, totaly pissed off its sittin out of it near a fortnite now, the new plates are fucked, all the fingers are worn that come through the basket and the backplate fingers are also worn, new plates new springs new brass washer new brass centre shim all replaced, anyone got a cosa goin cheap??

Stubbsy, looking back over this topic, you wrote that its only been built for 1500 miles. Has this problem occured since the rebuild? Has this engine got the little plastic oil thrower beside the cush drive? Have you put it back in during the rebuild? Suck eggs etc. but other than do the cush I cant think of anything else either. It is possible to fit the thrower if its ‚pre-thrower‘. Piaggio have obviously included it for a reason, not just to add an extra piece, and cost.

Did you line up the little hole in the basket with the little hole in the pressure plate? as this puts the springs out, so that it twists when releasing, you have to flick the springs in to the seats before completly compressing.
if not, its your cush pri…;D ;D

touche slidy and… did you use uprated clutch springs coz they snatch,same effect if you rough up the metal slip plates before fitting.shouldnt be the cushion drive because that would cause a catapult type launch i.e dip in revs then shoot off.what was yer electrical fault in the end stubbsy??

the saga continues!! rite, took clutch out againon tues to replace the brass washer (shim) to c if that would cure it, but noticed that the back 2 cork plates are a bit dry.[[:O]] the outer plate is soakin wet! could this be the prob?not enough lubrication? have bin told that this is common with early p2 motors, dont no if this is bull shit or not but seems feesable, plates have soaked again for a few days, will rebuild tomorrow and see if its cured.as i said before evey time i remove and refit it its ok for a few days then back to square one![:@]