Exhaust blowing from manifold

I have a SIP performance exhaust fitted to my PX200E.It is starting to blow slightly from the manifold joints.I was wondering if I could revert to using steel clamps instead of the springs to hold the manifold to the barrel stub and to the exhaust body in order to tighten the joint between them.If anyone has any other suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the advice,Xop.

Would it do any harm sticking with the clamps as well,or do the springs actually serve any useful purpose??

Thanks for the advice,guys.Will get hold of some silicon and give it a whirl.

Thanks again.

You wanna get yourself some High Temp RTV silicon sealant, pull the off the exhaust flange. Clean it with some solvent, let it dry and evaporate then, put some of that RTV silicon on one side and then put her together, springs on etc. Then let it cure. Make sure it’s the High temperature stuff 345 C + I think [:S].

Springs are there to pull up the exhaust into the flange and also act as a suspension when scoot goes over humps and etc so the pipe doesn’t crack.

Springs are there to pull up the exhaust into the flange and also act as a suspension when scoot goes over humps and etc so the pipe doesn't crack.

Also for the soft exhaust manifolds of the pinasco/malossi kits

if using on steel barrel you could use one, but you would have to cut a small slot or it will just buckle/bend

would stick to the silicon!