(english) best setup for pk50xl

hi there,
i would like to know what would be the best setup for a pk50xl…
which cylinder (110 cc or so)
which carburettor (28mm?)
which air filter (polini?)
which exhaust
which „kurberwelle“ (krukas in dutch)
which „kupplung“
which transmission (like 2.86 or so, can anybody explain this to me?)
furthermore, i`m looking for other braking (disc brake), more racy tyres, gas suspension. anybody tips?

thanks.
-Joep

[ Dieser Beitrag wurde von joep am 10.03.2002 editiert. ]

hi !!

so the best setup for your pk50xl is

cylinder 133ccm Polini (normal version)

• 24mm Dellorto over membran kit !
  • airfilter ram air !!
  • Polini oder Simonini Down and Forward exhaust !
  • krukas 125er PK XL
  • Clutch: 4 leaf !! strong ! 2,56 Primär transmission !!

now you have a fuckig cool machine !!!
plastik killer you know !!
let´s rock !!

stay rude !!

flo[:D]

Hi, 90 kms per hour is the speed which you should reach with a 19/19 and 3.00 (longer than standard), „out of the box“.
Thats what Pinasco „promises“, and what a friend of mine experienced on his 50N. Modified crankcase increases the power of the engine, of course, but it is not necessary if you dont want to do that.

Manuel

Smallframes sind die geilsten Roller!

and which cylinder (any cylinder where i can use original Krukas with) are also good for a higher top? but i think the pinasco is good because it is alu/nicasil coated, and good in low revs…

Weis einer von euch ob es ne scheibenbremsanlage für hintern für dei PK gibt?

Oh sorry, I meant „krukas“, not „kruva“ :wink:
By the way - Simonini Down & Forward would be a good choice for a powerful Malossi-Engine. A very good reason for that pipe is, too, that for dutch policemen size and sound doesn´t matter.
Riding a D&F pipe in Germany with 50cc-license-plate is quite dangerous [H] [H]

Manuel

check out this page, it`s an alumium cylinder. is it a good reliable one? and is a new flywheel worth it?

http://www.pinasco.com/english/vespa-ciao/vespa75-100.htm

and which krukas+ exhaust do you recommend with the 75cc cylinder?

Original von DirtyDicksSCGermany: hi !!

so the best setup for your pk50xl is

cylinder 133ccm Polini (normal version)

• 24mm Dellorto over membran kit !
  • airfilter ram air !!
  • Polini oder Simonini Down and Forward exhaust !
  • krukas 125er PK XL
  • Clutch: 4 leaf !! strong ! 2,56 Primär transmission !!

now you have a fuckig cool machine !!!
plastik killer you know !!
let´s rock !!

stay rude !!

flo[:D]

Dirty Dicks SC South Germany
www.home-of-vespa.de

Vespa fahren ist eine Berufung Gottes, und wir sind die apokalyptischen Vespa-Reiter

thanx…
on my plastic scooter i had a polini evo aluminium cylinder, and i was pretty content with it. what do you think about the 75cc pinasco cylinder? and do you think i need another krukas with that? will 24mm do with that?

D6F is out of budget but you want to use a hydraulic clutch? Take a normal 4-Plate-Clutch, this comes up to not more than 20 Euros.
Ride the Pinasco with a 3.00 transmission, this is the perfect transmission for this kit and you´ll reach real 90kms per hour. Perhaps a little bit more :slight_smile: The Pinasco is too weak in the upper levels (regarding rpm) for the 2.86… That would be only suitable if you use another krukas and if you open up your ports in Cylinder & Crankcase.

Manuel

Original von Manuel: D6F is out of budget but you want to use a hydraulic clutch? Take a normal 4-Plate-Clutch, this comes up to not more than 20 Euros. Ride the Pinasco with a 3.00 transmission, this is the perfect transmission for this kit and you´ll reach real 90kms per hour. Perhaps a little bit more :-) The Pinasco is too weak in the upper levels (regarding rpm) for the 2.86... That would be only suitable if you use another krukas and if you open up your ports in Cylinder & Crankcase.

Manuel

Ok thanx Manuel… Do I have to make changes (tuning) in my carter and cylinder? Or can i mount it out-of-the-box?
Is the 3.00 tranmission standard or longer?

thanx…
on my plastic scooter i had a polini evo aluminium cylinder, and i was pretty content with it. what do you think about the 75cc pinasco cylinder? and do you think i need another krukas with that? will 24mm do with that?

an 24mm Dellorto at an 75ccm DR oder somethig like that, ist to large !!
the original 16.16 is ok !!!
over 75ccm is an 19.19er better !!!
for an 133ccm is an 24er best !!!

now my setup tip for you:

75er Polini Racing !
19.19 Carb.
4 leaf clutch !
an the Pinasco 16 teeth gear !!! ( i hope you know what i mean)

so long flo !!

Original von joep: hi there, i would like to know what would be the best setup for a pk50xl... which cylinder (110 cc or so) which carburettor (28mm?) which air filter (polini?) which exhaust which "kurberwelle" (krukas in dutch) which "kupplung" which transmission (like 2.86 or so, can anybody explain this to me?) furthermore, i`m looking for other braking (disc brake), more racy tyres, gas suspension. anybody tips?

thanks.
-Joep

Hi there, for a powerful (!) 112cc-engine 2.56 transmission is best. That means for example a Malossi 112cc/„Racing-Kruva“/PHBL24 Membran. You can take any foam-air-filter, Polini or Ramair (my experience showed that Ramair is poor quality). Watch out - 112cc cylinders get pretty hot…
Meaning of 2.86: When you divide the number of teeth on the large transmission-wheel and divide it through the number of teeth on the small wheel, you´ll come out to a 2.86, or 3.00, or whatever…

Manuel

i think the simonini d&f is a little out of budget for me here…

i think this might be my upcoming setup:

pinasco 100cc alu
100 euro

polini rechts auspuff
60 euro

19mm polini carb kit
100 euro

reinforced clutch 4plate (or hydraulic ofcourse)
50 euro

2,86 upgear kit
40 euro

what do you think about it?

You won´t achieve a much higher top with the 19/19 and original krukas and ports… Use the Polini 110 with 19/19 and 2.86 and pray that you´ll perhaps „touch“ the 100kmph-mark ;-). Úse it in connection with a Simonini „righthand“ or a LeoVinci exhaust - more power in higher regions than the Polini… Power in lower revs will be acceptable, too!

Manuel