Engine runs too lean, what jet?

Hi.

I have a Pinasco 215, long stroke, SI 24/24 and simonini exhaust. Running on standard jets/air corrector, 130 main jet. My spark plug (NGK B8 ) is too grey/white, and this means that it runs too lean. What do I have to change to make this better (more rich mixture)? I am still running the engine in.

Hmm… forgot to mention that I do not have the base gasket (1,5mm) on because it did not seem necessary (another thread in here).

I thought about changing the calibrator to BE5. Will it make it better?

I also have a calibrator that reads E1. What number is this?

i am also runing a pinasco kit,i guess it also runs 300 km but i start to open full throttle for some time.when i can start riding it regulary full throttle?

i am using a 125 main jet and a sito plus pipe

Don’t relly know the jet configuration of SI carbs but if yu are running in then you won’t even be using the main jet yet. You need to up the pilot jet and change the emulsion tube (atomiser).

Have you altered the timing to suit the pinasco ?

I assume you hve done proper chop tests at optimal engine running temperature. i always mark the quarter,half and three quarter positions on my handlebar grip to ascertain which jet i am running on at any given moment.

A large frame expert should be along shortly, good luck

Your problem is more likely i too much cylinder head compression. Also you may have to upjet. Go to a chemist and buy a baby dosing syringe. These ussually have about 5cc capacity. Take your head off and measure how much oil it takes to fill the head. I couldn’t get running right untill I had 34ml of oil in it including the head. Once you have this right you can mess with the jetting

Your problem is more likely i too much cylinder head compression. Also you may have to upjet. Go to a chemist and buy a baby dosing syringe. These ussually have about 5cc capacity. Take your head off and measure how much oil it takes to fill the head. I couldn’t get running right untill I had 34ml of oil in it including the head. Once you have this right you can mess with the jetting

hello,

too much compression as Diablo already mention, since the 130 main it is surely too big with your set up.
Have you put a 1,5mm head gasket.? With longstroke you must use it even though when you mesure the squish band without gasket the found value is accetable.
After you have put the 1,5mm head gasket try this carb set up:

main 122
slow 48/160
be3
Filter with two 5mm holes on the main and slow jet position
21° ignition advance
NGK8 or Bosch 4 or 24 Denso

Hi every body,
if anyone knows what would be proper head compresion for DR 130 on smallframe vespa. The scooter is second hand i don’t know if the head has been modified. For now i don’t have any base plate - is it advisable to put one in?

Thanks in advance,
Peter